Deborah, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Registered NP - Multispeciality

I have a tingling sensation in my foot that sometimes ...

I have a tingling sensation in my foot that sometimes goes up my leg
Category: Health
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.

Are you by chance experiencing any back pain? You may have sciatica which is a pinched nerve.

Here is some information, please let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: I do not have any pain in my back. Just the tingling in my foot that moves to my leg at times. It isn't painful just noticeable.
Expert:  Deborah replied 10 years ago.
Ok, then as you do not have back pain, that rules out sciatica.

You may have what is known as neuropathy, which mean you may have some nerve dmage in your foot. If a sensory nerve is damaged, the predominant symptoms are pain, numbness, tingling, burning or a loss of feeling. They often begin gradually. There may be a tingling sensation or numbness that starts in the toes and/or the balls of the feet and spreads upward. Occasionally the skin may become so sensitive that the slightest touch is agonizing. There may also may be a numbness, or a complete lack of feeling in the feet. At times the symptoms may be barely noticeable and at other times, especially at night, they may be almost unbearable. The symptoms may also include a sensation that you're wearing an invisible glove or sock; a burning or freezing pain; sharp, jabbing or electric pain; and an extreme sensitivity to touch.

I would suggest making an appointment with a podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

Here is some info:

Please let me kmow if you have further questions.