Marie, Dentistry/Healthcare/Counselor
Experience:  25 year in dental/health care/counsel women/families/alcohol/drug

I have had a cinnamon taste in my mouth

Customer Question

I have had a "cinnamon" taste in my mouth for about 4 weeks now and it's driving me crazy. I don't use cinnamon toothpaste or chew gum at all.

what is going on with me????
Category: Health
Expert:  Marie replied 10 years ago.
What are you eating? I've been in dentistry for over 25 years. Did you have any dental treatment in the last 2 months? What are you eating? Something that would give your tummy a kick back. Do you have any temp.caps? Root canals? Anything you can think of?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
My liver enzymes are high...would this give me the cinnamon taste I'm experiencing???
Expert:  Marie replied 10 years ago.
Okay, thank you. Years ago when dentists would do a silver filling, they would put a lining in the tooth. All I could think, is if, you have any broken filings, or ones that are leaking, that would cause the taste. Silver fillings wear out after 15-20 years. Also years ago, a lot of fillings had a Eguenol base. That is clove. And would hint of the taste you say. Also some root canals were filled with this as well. I think is is more dental since is is so obvious and makes you so upset. I wish I could tell you more, but that is the best detective work I can do. It has to be a material in your teeth that is breaking down. Wish I could tell you more.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Marie's Post: maybe it is my teeth, although I have no chipped teeth but I do have a tooth that is bothering me, which at times is agonizing....maybe it is my dental work....sounds sensible to me
Expert:  Marie replied 10 years ago.
I just checked some of my dental books and the taste you are having in your mouth could be tooth/dental material related as I said. If you have a tooth that is hurting you, please get this attended to so you do not lose the tooth. I am glad I could help you. If you ever have any more questions, please ask me, I will try to help you.