Marie
Marie, Dentistry/Healthcare/Counselor
Experience:  25 year in dental/health care/counsel women/families/alcohol/drug
963094
Health

I have had a cinnamon taste in my mouth

I have had a "cinnamon"... Show More
I have had a "cinnamon" taste in my mouth for about 4 weeks now and it's driving me crazy. I don't use cinnamon toothpaste or chew gum at all.

what is going on with me????
Category: Health
replied 10 years ago.
What are you eating? I've been in dentistry for over 25 years. Did you have any dental treatment in the last 2 months? What are you eating? Something that would give your tummy a kick back. Do you have any temp.caps? Root canals? Anything you can think of?
Customer reply replied 10 years ago.
My liver enzymes are high...would this give me the cinnamon taste I'm experiencing???
Marie, Dentistry/Healthcare/Counselor replied 10 years ago.
Okay, thank you. Years ago when dentists would do a silver filling, they would put a lining in the tooth. All I could think, is if, you have any broken filings, or ones that are leaking, that would cause the taste. Silver fillings wear out after 15-20 years. Also years ago, a lot of fillings had a Eguenol base. That is clove. And would hint of the taste you say. Also some root canals were filled with this as well. I think is is more dental since is is so obvious and makes you so upset. I wish I could tell you more, but that is the best detective work I can do. It has to be a material in your teeth that is breaking down. Wish I could tell you more.

Customer reply replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Marie's Post: maybe it is my teeth, although I have no chipped teeth but I do have a tooth that is bothering me, which at times is agonizing....maybe it is my dental work....sounds sensible to me
I just checked some of my dental books and the taste you are having in your mouth could be tooth/dental material related as I said. If you have a tooth that is hurting you, please get this attended to so you do not lose the tooth. I am glad I could help you. If you ever have any more questions, please ask me, I will try to help you.