Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

why does my ear feel like its plugged up

my ear feels like its plugged up when i wake up in the morning.its hard to hear.ive used an over the counter ear wax removal called debrox and it hasnt worked what do i do
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

You may have swollen membranes that are blocking the opening of the eustachian tube. Decongestant nasal sprays, oral decongestants, such as sudefed should allow your eustachian tube to open up. Also apply a warm moist compress to the effected ear as well.

If there is no change to the ear by tomorrow after doing the above for today, then you should be seen to make sure there is no blockage of wax in the area.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!