V. Yetimyan   M.D.
V. Yetimyan M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Physician for 20 years with experience in hospital patient care.

My 3 year old son has a rash all over chest, neck and ...

Customer Question

My 3 year old son has a rash all over chest, neck and know its going towards hi face. He had fever earlier today. Im concern my mother said it might be mumps. How can i know what it is that he has.
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

If he has had a mumps shot, chances are it isn't that. It could be roseola, which is fairly common in children of this age.

Click here to read more.

Fifths disease is another common virus:

Click here to read more.

Hope that helps!

Expert:  V. Yetimyan M.D. replied 10 years ago.

Your son looks like has Roseola not Mumps.You are not suppose to see rash in mumps. Once the fever subsides, a rash appears. The rash consists of many small pink spots or patches. These spots are generally flat, but some may be raised. The rash usually starts on the chest, back and abdomen and then spreads to the neck and arms. It may or may not reach the legs and face. To read more please click the link just below:

Please click the green accept button if my answer is helpful to you. A positive feedback rating and a bonus would be encouraging. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Take care , Dr.Yetimyan.