Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

My son is 11 years old. His right testicle hurts. It has

Customer Question

My son is 11 years old. His right testicle hurts. It has been 24hours and it still is uncomfortable for him. He did not hurt it playing, it is not discolored , swollen or have a bump on it? Should I take him to the doctor.........the pain got a little worse at night and it was sensitive to his touch. It wasn't that bad if he didn't touch it
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

Infection, possible hernia or the start of a a bladder infection can cause pain. Also what is known as testicle torsion which can be common in children too. Since it's been over 24 hours I would have him seen vs waiting till next week at this point just to be on the safe side, since an in person evaluation should be done.

Best of luck, Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!