How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask V. Yetimyan M.D. Your Own Question
V. Yetimyan   M.D.
V. Yetimyan M.D., Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2829
Experience:  Physician for 20 years with experience in hospital patient care.
Type Your Health Question Here...
V. Yetimyan M.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My face is always red & feels like its burning, its ...

This answer was rated:

My face is always red & feels like its burning, its even worse in hot weather. I always feel and look hot even when everyone else is comfortable and it makes doing anything unbearable

. This condition of hyperpyrexia associated with facial blushing is little understood and not typically recognized by many physicians. Medications commonly used to prevent or control blushing include beta blockers (Inderal) and anxiolytics (sedatives). These medications are usually of limited benefit .Effective treatment for facial blushing with hyperpyrexia is Micro ETS of T2. To read more about this subject please click the link just below:

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to V. Yetimyan   M.D.'s Post: I've looked up various of these articles on the internet but what do you suggest I do about things now? Thanks.

I suggest to you to see a Dermatologist for treatment.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to V. Yetimyan   M.D.'s Post: I forgot to mention that it is not just my face although that is what is upsetting me the most as its always red & hot & burning up, but I generally sweat more than usual in the armpits, genital area & feet. It has all seemed to have got progressively worse since I had my son nearly 6 years ago. I was pyrexial in labour & ever since then I have not been able to tolerate heat very well at all. I don't know what to think, I have gone from thinking I have some kind of anxiety disorder (I do get stressed easily) to thinking something has happened to my body or hormones so I don't know if seeing a dermotologist would help me. Any more advice on offer please, I would be so so grateful, thanks.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I am still waiting for more help/advice!
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to V. Yetimyan   M.D.'s Post: Still anxiously waiting for a response to this question

Hi, You may need to see an Endocrinologist and Psychiatrist beside seeing a Dermatologist. Psychiatrist consult can help in terms of controlling stress with medication if it is necessary. Endocrinologist can check your hormone levels especially Estrogen and Thyroid hormone levels etc. Your Family physician should combine all this report and make it one , prescribing medications reflecting all the orders of the consulting physicians. In the mean time to get some relief , you can do the following:

  • avoid sun shine
  • avoid stress
  • avoid food additives and hot pepper
  • avoid liquor , caffeine
  • avoid eating large meals
  • quit smoking

Please click the green accept button if my answer is helpful to you. A positive feedback rating and a bonus would be encouraging. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Take care , Dr.Yetimyan.

V. Yetimyan M.D. and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you