Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

why do my hands and arms fall asleep and hurt during the night time

Customer Question

why do my hands and arms fall completely asleep during the night time when i'm sleep they hurt and burn really bad when they are asleep only in the night time?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

Since this is only occurring at night. Somewhere there is a pinched nerve that is being compressed and/or not getting enough circulation. I would however see your doctor for further evaluation. Generally a NCV and/or EMG test can indicate where this nerve is occurring. Then you can get proper treatment. If left untreated could cause further damage and may even start to happen during the day as well.

It may be the mattress you are sleeping on or the pillow you are using that could cause this too.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!