Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

Is there a Poison Ivy shoot that you can get so you ...

Is there a Poison Ivy shoot that you can get so you donot get it
Category: Health
Expert:  Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport replied 8 years ago.
According to this information,
past attempts to prevent poison in the reactions by injecting
therapeutic amounts of the plan component which causes the itching have
proved ineffective.

However, there is a nonprescription lotion available called Ivy Block which has been found effective in preventing exposure when applied properly.

Click any above Link(s) for additional information.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, thanks for the
opportunity to assist you... Please honor my efforts by Clicking the
green 'Accept' button (located within this post -- above-right).
Adding a bonus -- should you wish to do so -- would be warmly welcomed.

Good Luck!

Steve

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport's Post: Hi Steve So by that Answer . There know shoot for Poison Ivy ? My Boss said there was. You see I can look at it and get it. And I have use Ivy Block . I get it any way. I get it every year.           Bill
I could find no information on an effective poison ivy shot.
Since your boss says there is one -- ask him if for the name of it
. If you can get me the name, I will be happy to research it for
you.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport's Post: I ask that to, about the name . My Boss just say it was a long time a go.   thanks Bill
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.
Customer

I have found articles about the vaccination you are referring to. Apparently use was stopped, as it was deemed impractical as frequent dosing had to be done. Of what I also read, it was a series of three shots that were given at about 3 day intervals. They
stopped the current case in abouot 24 hours and made you imune for about a year.
The link below gives some more info, but unfortunately all the research I have done does not mention the name. It is also listed as a product of World World II, and I have read an experience that the last time they were given the shot was in 1962 so it has not been around since. I have also read an article about possibly developing a cure within 5 yrs, but the article was dated 1991.

http://www.oldetymepharmacy.com/articles/020.html

Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience: PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant