S. Sarisky DO.
S. Sarisky DO., Doctor
Experience:  board certified family physician 12 yrs

My left hand hurts. Sometimes the fourth finger locks up. I ...

Customer Question

My left hand hurts. Sometimes the fourth finger locks up. I have to bend it with my other hand to get it out of the locked position. Third and forth nuckles hurt when squeezed.My hand tries to stiffen or freeze untill it starts to hurt. I don't realize its going on untill I feel pain.
Category: Health
Expert:  S. Sarisky DO. replied 10 years ago.
You may have osteoarthritis of the joints involved. This can create a 'triggar finger' like you describe. You state you are taking advil - it is best to achieve an antiinflammatory blood level with regular usage (3 advil 3 times daily for 7-10 days) You can have steroid injection to the tendon sheath of the involved fingers to release the triggaring caused by the inflammation.
best wishes