Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

Inappropriate touches by an OB/GYN

Can anyone tell me what an inappropriate "touch" from a OB/GYN might include? I think mine did something that he shouldn't have and this isn't the first time. I thought he was clumsy until it happened for the second time. While the nurses back was turned (afixing the smear to slide) he ran his finger or knuckle over my clitoris. I'm really concerned about his other patients but I am freaked out over this! Help!

First of all, Sorry to hear you have had to go through this on more than one occasion. If he did that, it's not appropriate at all. I don't know what state you are in, you can try writing a letter of misconduct to your local medical board. Which are responsible for investigating complaints about physicians, physician assistants and specialist assistants. If this is something that has occurred to other patients and they have reported it as well, then the appropriate steps have been taken. So also do find a better GYN as well for further visits.

Best of luck Hun, Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!