Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

My veins are suddenly showing through my skin very badly ...

My veins are suddenly showing through my skin very badly and my arms keep feeling numb and prickly.....what could be causing this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 11 years ago.
This sounds as though this could be related to a problem with your circulation and this needs to be further evaluated by your physician especially if it is not just concentrated to one area. This can cause numbness and a prickly sensation as well as cause the veins to become more visable in some cases. If you have not injured yourself in anyway that could cause the numbness to be caused by nerve damage then most likely this is related to poor circulation and many things can cause this so you do need further testing as to why this has started happening all of a sudden. It can have to do with coronary problems as well so it is not something that I would let go without further evaluation.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to cheryl kauffman's Post: Thank you....I'm very sscared because my arms have been hurting very badly and falling asleep or becoming prickly every time I lay down....so badly I cannot sleep...is this an emergency situation..could my life be in danger?
If the pain level you are in is that high then you should be seen as I am sure you know arm numbness can also be a sign of a heart attack or stroke so I would not wait any longer then necessary to be seen. Don't be scared as they will take good care of you but do not put this off either, it could be something as simple as a possible vitamin deficiency but you do not want to take the chance that it could be something worse so I would recommend that you be seen as soon as possible.