Jean Murphy
Jean Murphy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  pediatric specialty, acute care, physician office, home care, triage

I take 2 10/325 hydrocodone pills each night before I got ...

I take 2 10/325 hydrocodone pills each night before I got to sleep. I know it can be addicting but I only take it at night and have been doing so for about a year.. Do you think there is any other severe health concerns that I should worry about besides the addiction????
Category: Health
Expert:  Jean Murphy replied 10 years ago.
Other than addiction, there is the possibility of developing a tolerance to the medication, causing you to need more medication for the same effect, and mental cloudiness and constipation are also side effects. There is concern with taking this with other narcotic analgesics, antipsychotics, antianxiety medications, alcohol, certain antidepressants, and anticholinergics. Even the use of tylenol with alcohol has been linked to liver damage.

If there is pain that is causing you to need this in order to sleep, it could be helpful for you to be seen in a pain management clinic to see if there are other alternatives to managing the pain.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Jean Murphy's Post: I dont take anything else, not even alchohol...So that being the case should I look out for anything else besides the tolerance issue. How much acetimenophen (sorry for the spelling) can your liver handle each day??
The amount of acetaminophen your liver can handle on a daily basis varies from person to person. Some people have no problem. The tolerance and addiction would be the primary issues.