Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

can i get a prescription called in to local pharmacy

Customer Question

Can I get a doctor to phone in a subsription to my local pharmacy
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

You would have to talk to "your" doctor to see if he would call one in. Other wise for a doctor to call something in for you that has not seen you is not ethical and can be illegal in some states as well.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *{accept}* button!

Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

You can call your doctor who prescribed the medication and let him know you are out, and perhaps he will renew the prescription or at least call in enough to get you through the weekend until you can get in to see him next week. Doctors have an answering service, so call them and leave a message and he will call you back.

Hope this helps, if so, please do click the accept and leave feedback as well.

Thank you

Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

Hi, I was just checking to see if you had any further questions regarding the above, if you do please feel free to ask, if not please click the accept to close out the question.

Thank you

Lindie