Tonya
Tonya, Mother/ Social Worker
Experience:  4 boys ages 5-13 exp in minor childhood accidents and illness,Have done study in medical research
856990

i have a feeling of being drunk without drinking. i get ...

Customer Question

i have a feeling of being drunk without drinking. i get sleepy real easily, am lightheaded and my world spins without even moving. any ideas what is going on?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

change in head positions, vertigo, low blood sugar, neurologic disorders, diet, food allergies, lack of oxygen. There is no way to pin point the exact cause without further evaluation.

I would see your doctor for a full exam including a full blood work up as well.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: Doctor already told me all of this i was hoping for a different opion
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

Well, then perhaps your doctor is right. This is a different opinion Hun.. I don't know your doctor to give you the same answer.. but these are the things that can cause what you are feeling. Have you had a full blood work up to rule out a lot of the above? If so, were any of the results in the lower or higher part of normal? If so, you may want to follow up with an endocrinologist since even those that may have a low or high normal result can still have issues that need attention.

So you need further testing, even if it means getting a CT Scan and/or MRI. Without some tests results, I can only give suggestions what can cause these symptoms.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, please feel free to ask. If not, please do click the accept.

Expert:  Salcom replied 8 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA

If you have recently left any medication these side effects are surely because of it. Drink lot of water or milk and they would go away.

If not, then, it is normal infection, in which case people feel like sleepy and drunk state like all the time. Please ask your doctor for a thorough check up of throat and chest.

Hope, this helps, if so, please accept. Thank you.

Cheers!
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

Hi, I was just checking to see if you had any further questions regarding the above, if you do please feel free to ask, if not please click the accept to close out the question.

Thank you

Lindie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I want a different opinion.
Expert:  Tonya replied 8 years ago.

Hello.....

I agree completely with the answers given this looks like something that needs to be addressed by your doctors.

I do have a question to rule out other things.

Is this happening everywhere or only in one place (ie..work, home,) and if so have you changed anything in your immediate environment?