V. Yetimyan   M.D.
V. Yetimyan M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Physician for 20 years with experience in hospital patient care.
616192

why can i not get a full erection

i dont know how to explain it. i can get an erection but not a full erection. its been going o for a couple months now and i wanted to know if there was something i could do or if i needed to see a doctor. i am only 20 and dont figure i should be having this problem.

Optional Information:
Male , Age: 20

Already Tried:
nothing dont kow what to do

Category: Health
Expert:  V. Yetimyan M.D. replied 10 years ago.

HiCustomer

If this happens to some one at your age it is most probably is psycologic and there is no organic basis to it. So everything can go back to the way it was . It is a matter of time.It is a trmporary problem. In the mean time stay away from alcohol and smoking.

For more information please click the link below:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003164.htm

Please click the ACCEPT button and give a BONUS if my answer is helpful to you. A POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING will be greatly appreciated . If you need anything else please feel free to ask.
Regards,
Dr.Yetimyan.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Vahe Yetimyan   M.D.'s Post: i dont understand how it could be psycological. i havent drank or smoked in over a year and this just started happening about 6 months ago. is there something over the counter or something i could take to help me. it is stange because i can get an erection but can not always keep one.

HiCustomer

People who can get this kind of problem which has organic but not psycologic causes are much older than you and usually they have hardening of the arteries which brings blood to genital organs or diabetes causing damage to the nerves which helps and maintains an erection. So you don't have all this as far as i know from your history. I think you have this problem possibly because of stress or anxiety or anger or poor communication with your partner. Caffeine doesn't help either.So try decrease the amount of caffeine you are taking. Caffeine found in coffee,teas,cola and chocolate. Take a one multivitamin tablet like CENTRUM once a day.
If you don't get better after correcting all the causes that i mentioned above i would advise you to see a physician to rule out thyroid disorder,hormonal problems etc. by having a blood test.

Regards,
Dr.Yetimyan.