Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

I Just had my period two weeks ago and now Im ...

I Just had my period two weeks ago and now I'm bleeding again, should I be concerned?

Optional Information:
Female , Age: 23

Already Tried:
nothing, Have not been on birth control since May early period in december, late period in Jan.

Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

There are several causes for irregular periods. Examples; stress, weight gain/loss, medication, illness, climate, cyst, or polyp of the cervix, hormonal, thyroid, infection.. just to name a few.

Without a proper exam it would be hard to pin point the exact cause. Do call your doctor for an exam to determine the exact cause.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: Is this a possible sign of pregnancy? My husband and I have had unprotected sex. It possible that my ovulation cycle is off and I ovulated early?
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.
That can cause this as well, there is no guarantee of when we may ovulate.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I have a doctors appt on Friday. If I were pregnant would it show up on a pregnancy test or would I get a false negative. I took one and it was negative
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

The earliest time a blood HCG test will detect a pregnancy is about 8 days after conception. Now with that said, most woman do show positive around the 12th day vs the 8th day.

Hope this helps,