Edward Johnson
Edward Johnson, U.S. Army Medic
Experience:  U.S. Army Medical Services Corps, and Special Forces Med School, Ft. Sam Houstan, Tx; EMT U.AK
586644

how to clean marijuana out of your blood system

Customer Question

clean blood system.

Optional Information:
Female , Age: 42

Already Tried:
nothing

Category: Health
Expert:  Edward Johnson replied 8 years ago.
Ok dear,

Lets see, first my disclaime. This information is not intended to help anyone avoid detection of drugs use or conduct illegal activities. It is given with the intent that someone wants to clean their system and live a healthy life.

What you are asking for is a delicate question. The problem is, that technolgoy has narroed the gap on any potentiality of easily, in a short time, eliminating all traces of drug use, in this case marijuana, from your body. Medically, when you say "system", I hear, skin, blood, hair, urine, etc.

The testing peramiters are very narrow.

To be tested positive you only need 5 to 9 mg per ml. this is how it brakes out.

The elimination half-life of marijuana ranges from 14-38 hours. At the initial cutoff of 50 ng/ml, the daily user will remain positive for perhaps 7 to 30 days after cessation.

At the confirmation level of 15 ng/ml, the frequent user will be positive for perhaps as long as 15 weeks.

Marijuana metabolites' storage and slow release from lipid tissues is the reason for this long detection period.

Passive Inhalation:

Tests are now so sensative, that if you rode in a car with someone who smoked a single marijuana sigarette, you might be detected positive on the next morning.

Urine levels of 5 ng/ml have been reported from passive inhalation. One recent survey indicated that one subject in a passive inhalation experiment achieved a level of 23 ng/ml. This is unusual, but points out the usefulness of higher cutoff levels such as 50 ng/ml. The higher 50 ng/ml level eliminates the possibility of passive inhalation, is a level of very high reliability, and indicates more recent use.

Cannibis can be detected in your hair for up to 90 days, regardless if you are an occasioal, single use, or long term user.

When they test for drugs in your system, they also test for masking agents. The urban legends that you hear about are just that. There really is not anything that can be used to mask a quality drug test.

WHAT CAN YOU DO:

Well, for starters, you can work on flushing. By drinking lots of fluids, your regular 8 to 10 glasses a day and work out, you might be able to shorten some what, the detection period in the urine. But remember, the fat stores THC. And when your body burns calaries, it slowly releases that THC to the system. So a vigours regular, long term exercise program, where you have a modest or slight fast loss, may allow you to loose a little bit of THC from your system.

There is not much you can do about the hair. Since most of the detection comes from the follicles, cutting your hair will not do and good.

The best you can hope for, is to reduce the amount in you system to a level to not be considered positive, and then, you would only shorten your time by a couple of days, maybe.

Sorry I cannot give you bette news.