S. Sarisky DO.
S. Sarisky DO., Doctor
Experience:  board certified family physician 12 yrs

i have severe shoulder pain and cant lift my arm or use it ...

Customer Question

i have severe shoulder pain and cant lift my arm or use it . it done the same thing a few weeks back but was'better in two days but the pain is worse this time

Optional Information:
Female , Age: 49

Already Tried:
ibuprofen and heat

Category: Health
Expert:  S. Sarisky DO. replied 10 years ago.
you may have an overuse syndrome like bursitis or tendonitis. antiinflammatories and heat are appropriate the ibuprofen should be 3 times daily for several days to see benefit. you should do some range of motion with the shoulder so it doesn't get "frozen" try leaning over at the waste with the arm hanging down - make small circles with the arm straight - make progressively bigger circles so you are expanding your range of motion. If your home treatment doesn't work you might do well with an injection in the shoulder to concentrate the antiinflammatory at the site of the problem. Don't wait too long because the longer you can't lift the arm well the longer it takes to rehab it back to normal
take care
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I want a different opinion.