Kerry
Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,
169559

I have a swollen, hard and tender right labia minora. What do I do

Customer Question

Approximately 3 days ago, I started noticing my right labia minora was swollen. I haven't had sex, etc, since I noticed. At first I thought that maybe it was a pimple or something, so I tried to see if I could find a head, but I couldn't. There's no pain anywhere else, itchiness or discharge. There aren't any lacerations or anything. Just tenderness and swelling. I would normally go to the clinic for something like this, but I just moved to a small town and would rather this not be the first contact I make with the locals. I've been taking baths to see if it would calm the swelling, and today I tried taking a bath without any kind of soap involved just incase it's triggered by an allergic reaction. Please help!

Optional Information:
Female , Age: 21

Already Tried:
Warm baths.

Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

Sounds as though it may be the start of a sebaceous cyst or possible hair follicle cyst.

Here is a site that will explain more about this as well.

Click here

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I'm sorry, but this information doesn't help. There's no remedies for it. The site just says to ignore it, and it's painful. I'm looking for an easement of my pain. Thank you for your time, however.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: Unfortunately this did not help with the pain at all.
Expert:  Kerry replied 10 years ago.

Hello

Have you tried warm packing the area? Hot bath soaks might help bring it to a head as well, if it is a cyst or abscess. If this doesn't help, a doctor may have to lance the area in order to allow it to drain.

Try the hot soaks in the tub with epsom salts. Or soak wet clothes in hot epsom salt filled water and place it on the area a couple times a day for a few days.

Hope that helps,

Kerry

Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I wouldn't be as concerned if it weren't in that specific area. It makes it hard to walk. Have you heard of any other remedies? The pressure just keeps getting worse.
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.
The main thing is the warm compress and ibuprofen for inflammation and pain. If it is that severe you may have to have it drained by the doctor. I know you are new where you are at, but this is nothing to feel embarrassed about.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I appreciate your help.