Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

I have had a fever that comes and goes on a dailey ...

I have had a fever that comes and goes on a dailey basis. It usually exceedes 102 and will come and go several time through the day. It is ongoing for the past 3 weeks. constantly exhausted, no real appetite, and ocassional headaches.No other symptoms but am starting to get really concerned.

Optional Information:
Age: 36

A fever usually means the body has raised its temperature to fight an infection or condition. The most common causes are infectious viruses such as cold or flu. Also possibilities include gastroenteritis, hepatitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, otitis media, urinary tract infections, measles, roseola, prostratitis, mononucleosis, dental abcess, TB, and drug reactions. The most common causes of fever in children include cold, flu, otitis media, throat infection, UTI, or roseola, but there are numerous other possibilities. Less commonly, fever can be caused by extremely serious conditions such as meningitis, meningococcal disease, and others.

Chronic cases of mild fever can indicate various conditions. Some possibilities are hepatitis, tuberculosis, lymphoma, and reactions to drugs (so-called drug fever). But there are many other possibilities and there is a long list of conditions with fever as a symptom. So on this one, you will have to see your doctor for at least some basic tests. Which should include a full blood work up, which then will give your doctor a clearer picture of what is going on. Other wise it would be guessing at all the possibility's which are well over a 100 of them.

Hope this helps, (even though I know it's not the answer you were looking for) If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button