Julie, mother/teacher
Experience:  worked in health clinic, called "family doc" by all, will listen to your problem & try to help you

are bumps around a womans nipples normal and is it ...

are bumps around a woman's nipples normal? and is it normal to have clear discharge from them sometimes?

Optional Information:
Female , Age: 30

The bumps are totally normal and are called Montgomery glands. All women have the glands. On some women they are easily seen and on others you can't see them. The clear discharge may or may not be normal. Clear discharge can be caused by a hormonal imbalance or by a disease process. So, you will need to see your gynecologist for evaluation of your discharge. You can read more and view pictures of the Montgomery glands at this link If you click this link and scroll down the page, you can read about different types of nipple discharge and what they may mean   If my information is helpful, please check accept to close the question and leave feedback.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX says it is normal, but i will read about it because my boyfriend is concerned that the discharge tastes bad.