Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

I have an acute pain under or behind my love handles ...

I have an acute pain under or behind my love handles (sorry, but the best way to explain it) it is at the bottom of my rib cage on my left side, it hurts to twist and turn but sitting and laying is pain free. (Thank God) Coughing and laughing cause unbareable pain, but a sneeze will put me to the floor in the worst pain ever. Whats wrong with me? Thanks you,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Optional Information:
Male , Age: 34

Already Tried:
nothing, it just happened two days ago and i have taken Alieve and tried not to irritate it

Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

If it's the upper left: It's uncommon to experience pain here. When you do, it may suggest a colon, stomach, spleen or pancreas problem. It could also be a pulled muscle as well. Especially since you say it's pain free while laying down. Take Ibuprofen (which will help with pain and inflammation) a heating pad in the area as well. If this doesn't seem to get any better after 24 hours, then do see your doctor so you can be examined.

Hope this helps.

Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience: 17+ years, Healthcare Expert
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you,

I did just start working out again on Sunday and Monday, two 45 minute sessions on a Eclipsicicyle or something that sounds like that. It had been over 30 days since any sport type activity prior to that and has been over six months since any regualr exercise. I also did a few sets of light weight on the bench press just to get my body slowly back in to the swing of things.
The pain started on Monday but riding that Eclipsicicle again monday evening did not cause any more pain and was not painful. I feel it mostly when i cough which is often since i just quit smoking five months ago. I notice that if i do a side bend toward my left when i cough the pain is much less. Could the fact that I have been having regular heart burn the past month have anything to do with this?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Its not really a new question, just some simple additional information for verification based on her first responce.
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.
Since you had accepted.. I wasn't able to reply back.. I did just reply back via PM.. check your PM.. upper right corner of this site..
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: OK I check it and i got it,
Thanks again for your help.

Jason

Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.
You are very welcome..
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it keeps asking me to pay again is this correct?

If so let me at least ask another question I was going to ask. I notice my heart rate is a little high, My resting heart rate is between 94 - 100 and when i start my cardio i see it jump very quickly to 180/186 sometimes. Is this to high to the point i should go see someone?
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

It had only asked to pay again because you had reopened it.. but since you are asking another, I will answer as well here.

Resting is fine.(Everyone is different.. but the standard normal is 40-100, Ideally between 60-90, so you are good there.

It should be maybe around 120-158 (but this depends upon how fit you are.. the more fit you are the lower it should drop. So if you take someone who has been a couch potato for a year.. and then they do some active cardio, they will have a higher rate than someone who has been doing it already.

Hope this makes sense

Lindie, Healthcare Expert