Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

WATER ON ELBOW

IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE TO RELIEVING WATER ON THE ELBOW OTHER THAN SURGERY. THERE IS NO PAIN.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 11 years ago.

Generally RICE: which is Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Can try Ibuprofen which is good for inflammation as well. Could also try aspirating (draining) possible shot of corticosteroid.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: WHEN I SAID OTHER THAN SURGERY, I ACTUALLY MEANT OTHER THAN ASPIRATION (IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS YOURSELF?} SINCE THERE IS NO PAIN,IS IT HARMFUL TO JUST LET IT ALONE TO DISSIPATE ON ITS OWN ?
Expert:  Lindie replied 11 years ago.

to do aspiration by yourself? No, there are too many risks involved. It could do more harm than good. If it is due to an injury it may heal on it's own. I don't know your full medical history. If left untreated it could form calcium deposits, sometimes causing permanent reduction in movement. Also it is possible infection could set in as well, but as I stated without knowing your full medical history and test results etc.. it would be hard to say what the long term effects would be if not treated properly or in a timely manner. It is something you should talk over with your doctor since he has seen you and has your results.

Hope this helps Hun