Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.

abdomen..area which is an inch lower than her hip bone and an inch

Customer Question

My 10 (almost 11) year old daughter is complaining of twingey pain that comes and goes in her lower left abdomen. It hurts when she touched the area which is an inch lower than her hip bone and an inch in from it. It started around 7:30 and has been consistently bothering her since. Gave her motrin at 8:45 with no relief. She asked me to ask an online doctor what it could be and what may help.

We will look for your reply.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 11 years ago.
Pain in lower left abdomen most often suggests a problem in the lower colon, where food waste is expelled. Possible causes include inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, urinary tract infection, colitis etc.
I would suggest a physician evaluation if the pain persists or worsens, in the meantime you could try hot fomentation.
For mild abdominal pain caused by something you ate, it may help to sip water or suck on ice chips. When you feel better, try small amounts of bland foods, such as toast, applesauce or bananas.