Kerry
Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,
169559

can prescribe medication after talking if for so long decay

Customer Question

can prescribe medication after talking if for so long decay and losen your teeth..i am on 5 different medication for my disibilty and i have noticed that my teeth in the front on the bottom have started to get really lose...i do brush the 2 times a day but nothing is helping
Category: Health
Expert:  Jack Schroder replied 11 years ago.
You leave out information that might be important. Ty again and this time give your age, your disability, the names and dosages of the medicines you are taking, and maybe even your diet. You say you brush your teeth twice a day? That's good and is a factor to consider. But it is the only thing you tell us that helps us to make an aswer.
Expert:  Kerry replied 11 years ago.

I agree with Jacks answer above, and more information would be helpful to us.

Also, brushing twice a day may not be enough. Dentists recommend we also floss daily. If plaque is allowed to build up, it starts to migrate under the gums as well, and over time it does cause our teeth to loosen.

Hope that helps.

At the very least, I would say it's time to make a dental appointment to have this checked out.

Kerry

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Jack Schroder's Post: i am 35 i have rsd i am nourtin 300mg 1 in am; 1 at noon; 2 at bedtime, davocet-n 100 2 tablets every 6 to 8 hours, pepcid 20mg 2x a day, prozac 20mg 2 tab in morning, lunesta 1 tab at bedtime....my diet is a normal...not alot of fried foods, or junk food either...i do floss everyday....did see the dentist already and its not plaque build up or gingivitis
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: i am 35 i have rsd i am nourtin 300mg 1 in am; 1 at noon; 2 at bedtime, davocet-n 100 2 tablets every 6 to 8 hours, pepcid 20mg 2x a day, prozac 20mg 2 tab in morning, lunesta 1 tab at bedtime....my diet is a normal...not alot of fried foods, or junk food either...i do floss everyday....did see the dentist already and its not plaque build up or gingivitis
Expert:  Kerry replied 11 years ago.

Hello again

None of the above medications list loose teeth as a possible side effect. I've also been reasearching RSD and there is no evidence there that loose teeth are caused by RSD. Sometimes a characteristic of those wtih RSD is teeth grinding, which could loosen your teeth over time.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Wish you the best,

Kerry