TheMysticWave
TheMysticWave, Herbal Healer, Color Therapist
Experience:  36 yrs. exp. in Alternative Medicine (Herbal & Wholistic Healing) Color Therapy, Flower Essences
6999

My nervous system is out of line.....

Customer Question

What is the best and quickest way to restore a shot nervous systems?
Preciption sleep medicine does not help.
I am looking for a natural way through herbs and vitamins, and the like to restore this. (Other suggestions may be helpful!)
I am not sleeping, so a good night sleep will not work. I need this restored so I can get a good night sleep.
All the small things one can think of to put one to sleep have not worked. This stituation is beyond that.
   I have tried most of the commonly available hebs and vitamins, and oils, and they don't help much.
   I know that without sleep that my body will continue to go downhill. Maybe I need to take a medical leave of absense from work and everything else, and spent just spend some time focusing on restoring my health?
    Just in cause you were wondering, I have not sleep well for over a year, with basically no sleep the last three months. I need help, right?
     I am not looking to treat the symptoms, I am looking to fix the condition. I have very little faith in preciption medicines. If there is a workable solution to this found in preciption medicine, I would need to research it throughly!
     I know this will not be a quick fix, but I also believe there muct be a nature way to turn this around.
    The spiritual and soulish side of this is stable, it is the physical side I can not seem to turn around. (Sure I should go see a doctor! But I don't think they can help me much. They haven't much in the past! I know what is wrong with me, I don't need a doctor to repeat it to me! Sure new insight would be great, but where can I get that? Don't worry, I do plan on going to see a doctor soon, if only to get a leave of absense from work approved. Don't get me wrong, sure doctors have their place, and help , in some way, alot of people.
Category: Health
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
Do you drink tea, coffee, cola drinks, "energy" drinks, or
anything else containing caffeine?
Expert:  ElenaMarie replied 11 years ago.

Have you tried a daily program, even just at home, of exercise? Or Yoga? You might think you are doing a lot, physically, etc.... but sometimes you need to do something that is a routine exercise regimen, that will help your body calm down and relax.

Once you are in the syndrome of not getting a regular and sound form of sleep each night, things continue to go downhill, and you really need to change something in your life to help you get a grip on the sleep problems you are having.

Also, prayer or meditation each day or night may help you also. Depends a lot on what type of job you are doing also. Try not to think so much about getting to sleep, and just let go and let God. Therein you may find the strength to get the help you need.

I am also not getting much sleep, so I do empathize with what you are going through. My problem is, that there are just not enough hours in a day to get done what I have to do, and therefore I am suffering from sleep deprivation also. It can make you highly irritable, and when something happens, that is serious, it can make you question whether you are at fault for things that you would normally not even think about.

God bless and good luck! p.s. Don't buy over the counter sleep aids. Usually they are just Benadryl , and that is cheaper to buy by itself. Benadryl does help a lot of people.

Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

I am not into Western Medicine - I don't believe that popping a pill is a cure for illness - it's contributes to it - but, that's my opinion. In any event, I have been healing and studying with herbs for well over 36 years - and for the past 16 years, I have been into Flower Eseences and I suggest the same for you:

Flower essences are dilute extracts of various types of flowers and plants that are used to treat people (and animals). They are similar to homeopathic remedies in that they are diluted and potentized to make them more effective than just using the original flower as a herbal extract. The person who first developed the original flower remedies was Dr. Edward Bach, a famous English physician. He developed the Bach Flower Remedies when he was working as a homeopathic practitioner and devoted the last years of his life to researching and developing his remedies, from 1930 onwards. He wanted to find a simpler form of treatment that would not require anything to be destroyed or altered. Dr. Bach believed that diseases of the body come about as a result of imbalances or negativity at the level of the soul, and by correcting the problem here healing would result and the body would heal on all levels. The flower remedies act to balance inharmonies in the emotional and spiritual body, and bring about a gentle healing by bringing the body back in balance with itself. They act almost a catalysts to cause healing. There were originally thirty eight Bach Flower Remedies that at that time Dr. Bach felt would correct all imbalances that were possible.

The flowers are gathered from nature when they are just at the point of perfection and it is important that the flowers are free from any toxins and preservatives. The remedies are made by leaving the flower out in the sun and the extracted essence is then diluted in water and preserved with alcohol to make a mother tincture. The resulting remedy is then diluted in spring water to make a solution that can be taken by person or animal.

By using the appropriate Flower Essences to balance emotional attitudes, subtle changes occur that bring renewed energy forward and short circuit the path to illness.

Don't worry about choosing an inappropriate essence. They will not harm you, as they are self correcting- meaning that there are no unwanted side effects. Sometimes there are responses that may seem surprising but that is because each person has their own personal way of making changes in their own being.

The most useful Bach Flower Remedy of all is actually a combination of five other remedies, that act synergistically to calm stress and fear, help sleep - rebalance self. It is called Rescue Remedy or 5 Star Remedy. This is wonderful any time there is shock, stress or trauma. It is an invaluable addition to the first aid kit.

NelsonBach Global Homepage - Manufacturers of Nelsons Homeopathic Products and Bach Flower Remdies

If you wish for further information, please let me know.

My very best to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to xarqi's Post: I very rarely drink any of the above!
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
OK - that's the obvious out of the way.

Just from the way you write, I'm suspecting that the underlying
problem may be one of anxiety, that you find that your mind
remains active pondering a thousand and one thoughts when
you are ready for sleep. Is that at all what you are experiencing?
Expert:  Joe Barcus replied 11 years ago.
change your lifestyle would be a good start, must be something making you feel this way most cases are the surroundings. good luck on your quest
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ElenaMarie's Post: Thank you for the response. I have tried all the above. Is there any other suggestions you might add?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to xarqi's Post: No, that is not the case! I can relax every part of me, except my nerves. It is like this dull pain runs up and down my nervous system, not letting me sleep. I do not have racing thoughts.
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.

I'm going to take a stab at a diagnosis here: fibromyalgia.

You can get a lot of links from this page:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/fibromyalgia.html

Read some of the material there and see if it fits the pattern you

are experiencing. You can also read about the limited treatment

options available, and some strategies for coping.

If this doesn't sound like what you are experiencing, please

supply more specific details of your symptoms.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: Thank you for your response! I am skeptical though this will work for me. Like I have said, I have tried similar products. Why would this one be any different?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to xarqi's Post: I think you might be right. Give me some time to research this a little futher before I accept your answer. I may not respond until between 5 and 6 am central time, or it may even be later, likely beween 5 and 7pm....
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
That's fine.

Greetings:

Thank you for responding.

My husband experiences the same symptoms as you. However, with the aid of Flower Essences, it helps him to relax and he is able to get sleep. Flower Essences heal in body, mind and spirit. It has the same harmonious energy frequency as the human soul quality concerned, but in this case without distortion and at the normal rhythm.

It appears that you may be suffering from Insomnia - and total stress from work. (Post Traumatic Stress).

I read your initial question wherein you state that you have tried certain oils and other herbs and vitamins and they have not worked. However, it may be because of improper combination.

It helps to play soft music on the radio at bedtime and/or you can purchase a sound machine that comes with various CD's of nature sounds - which is fully relaxing.

sound machines - compare prices, reviews and buy at NexTag - Price - Review

Colors are very important as well - sky blue helps to soothe and calm one's psyche. Purchase bed linens in said color - or place a silk cloth of said color on your eyes for 5 or 10 min....to receive the calming effect.

Drinking a cup or two of Chamomile Tea with a teaspoon of honey, before bedtime, has a calm and relaxing effect....and is a natural sleep aid.

Passionflower herbs: Works with the body to create balance for exhaustion, overwork, anxiety and stress.

Amethyst, Blue Lace Agate and Opalite Jaspar gemstone/crystals placed under your pillow - are sleep aids.

Lightly spray/sprits your sleep area with Lavendar...or keep a jar of Lavendar potpourri in a crystal jar on your nightstand - let it fill the air - and/or take a warm bath in Lavendar - Lavendar is a natural sleep aid.

Sleep/Insomnia Program

I hope this helps.

My very best to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Please include more detail!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I will be offline until around 5:30 pm......
Expert:  David M. Baron, MD replied 11 years ago.
I am going to give you the answer you did not want from your physician. Your symptoms are consistent with chronic depression. You might do well on an antidepressant medication. One "herbal" antidepressant is St. John's Wort. The active ingredient is what is called a MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitor. The problem with this is the interaction with other medications. If you take any medications such as cold and allergy preparations (i.e. Sudafed) while taking St. John's Wort, it can lead to a dangerous elevation in blood pressure. You must use caution with herbal medications.

Greetings:

You are asking for more detail...I'm not certain which specialist you were directing this to - however, I will personally add that I strongly believe that you are suffering from exactly what my husband was going through for many years. He would go days and days without sleeping..(as well as eating)..and when he would sleep - only 30 minutes total for over a 5 month period of time......This is a sign of Insomnia and a few other factors.

You mention that perhaps you should take a medical leave from work - work causes stress...(but, it's also a form of therapy)...In your case, however, I believe that you may have too many things on your mind in which you find it hard to relax and perhaps taking some time off from work - a few days even, would be helpful.

Your situation may also be caused from a phobia..... many people have a certain fear of closing their eyes and the initial sleep process, in itself, can be overwhelming. This is not something to buy into, psychologically, but to rise above in order to learn more about "self".....how your true self functions.

With all due respect to Dr. Baron who has suggested St. John's Wort, I must beg to differ - taking this herb without being properly diagnosed with depression and such proper professional recommendation in which to be on an antidepressant, can cause serious harm...that is why I did not originally suggest it. However, if you do try this herb, please know that the side effects are as follows: fatigue, dry mouth, dizziness, constipation, rash, and upset stomach - also many experience a sensitivity to sunlight.

I personally believe that in today's society more and more people are suffering from dis-ease/illness- and that we need to STOP believing that any such symptom one has, the cure is to pop a pill, immediately, or that if something is out of the ordinary the first thought is that one is suffering from depression or some other major malfunction, this is all I read and hear about. Of course, we have doctors and, of course, we should seek professional care when we are not feeling well, as "normal"....but, we need to start thinking wellness and believe that any such problem - is not a problem, but a mere situation that can easily be resolved...We do have the power of self in which to heal. Depression especially is naturally caused by our way of thinking (as it's generally not a biological disorder)- it is a NEGATIVE thought process of one's own environment/situations in life - a deep, dark, well....we need to change our thinking and see the beauty in life, get out in nature and be thankful. Clinical depression is usually caused from a chemical imbalance.

I have known many people that have taken St. John's Wort, only to find themselves still stuck in the depression mode - and going deeper - thus finding themselves addicted to it...and altering their personality drastically, flipping out..... Even though I am experienced in herbal remedies - and very much against Western Medicine - knowingly, herbs can be addictive and quite harmful, if not used properly, like anything in life, especially, if we are not fully aware/educated of any possible side effects. Yes, it is suggested to seek the advice of a physician before taking any herbal remedies - however, in Western Medicine philosophy....herbal remedies are not approved in the least bit...but, to be certain that one is familiar with any possible side effects or interaction with any other prescription medicine one may be taking is something that must be discussed with a medical professional.

Before taking any such herbal remedies (especially Western Medicine) for any condition that is not properly acknowledged or diagnosed can cause grave harm to one's physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being.

You have expressed though that you are not sleeping - thus, let it be at this time that you are just in need of an aid for same - for which I have provided information in my previous post which is all natural and is used for such symptom that you are experiencing.

I remind you (although I'm sure you are fully aware), that seeking the care and treatment by your treating physician or if need be, an emergency room facility, should be kept in mind.

My very best to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to David M. Baron, MD's Post: Thank you for your reply, but I have tried the above and it is not an option for me anymore.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Joe Barcus's Post: Thank you for your response!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I am not sure who I am responding to, so whoever reads this first, and can answer this, I would appreciate a response.
There are two or possibly more specialist I feel may be helpful. I feel like I can not truely accept one or two responses (should that be the case) until I see some definate results. DO you know what I mean?
   This is my first time using "just answer", so I ask what does it take to keep this thing going? One reply every 24 hours?
   I am going to explore both "Xarqi" and "TheMysticWave's" responses for likely a week to two weeks, or until I find definate help, and then reward the source of the response or responses that resolved this dilema. There is no deadline, is there, to where I must accept a response, if I want to, is there?
   I am going to go to a physician, and a local herbalist to test these possiblities out.
   Thank you all, for all the responses I have got so far.
    I am still open to other possiblities, though I feel, more than likely, that one of the above two will be the answer I am looking for.
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
Here's how it works:

If you make no new posts to this question in 24 hours, it
"closes". BUT, you can still access it and "relist" it by clicking the
button that will appear next to the "Status:closed" indication on
the question.

I hope that helps.

(As a pointer, if you just state the name of the person to whom
you are directing a request for clarifiaction, it makes things a bit
less confusing.)
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Xarqi, thank you for your response!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: Thank you for responding to me! I am sure I will have a few more questions for you in the days to come.

Greetings:

You're very welcome, it's my pleasure as I am here to assist you. Just for your information, I am gathering more material for you and will submit same as soon as possible.

If you wish to add anything, please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Greetings:

Adding to my post:

Scullcap is another herb that is a very helpful, natural sleep aid - taking this particular herb will most definitely help you get a good night's rest. Actually, this is the herb that would be very beneficial to you as it works on the nervous system to calm and helps to relax muscles...and it helps to balance blood pressure.

Peppermint herb is for the nervous system - Drinking a cup or two of Peppermint tea at bedtime will help you to relax, it soothes the nerves. Helps with Insomnia.

Wood Betony is another herb that promotes sleep and works on the nervous system.

A cup of warm milk with a teaspoon of honey is another remedy.

Eat healthy, but avoid large meals before bedtime.. Avoid spicy or acidic foods. Foods rich in soy are aids to promoting sleep.

Exercise in the late afternoon - take a walk around the block.

An important fact to note: Studies indicate that those suffering from Parkinson's Disease experience a reduction in their ability to sleep up to 50%, as well as experience pain - thus, you may wish to consult with a physician to discuss this matter and to obtain proper testing.

Eating a very light snack before bedtime (an hour before) promotes a good night's sleep....such as a slice of turkey, or a slice of toast with peanut butter or a bowl of cereal.

Use the bed only for sleeping. Get into a regular routine - as to time for sleep. Try to unwind an hour or two before bedtime - reading a good book, or writing things down on paper, things that may be troubling you - for releasing troubles, concerns naturally eases the mind....

You may be interested in the following site:

I will continue to research for you.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave