Cheryle
Cheryle, Personal/Home Care Aide
Experience:  State certified with board of Nursing.
168709

CHRONIC PAIN

Customer Question

I WAS IN A HEAD ON COLLISION BACK IN 1998 AND PROBLEMS STARTED TO SURFACE ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. I HAVE PAIN FROM MY SKULL DOWN THROUGH MY SCALPULA TO THE MID PART OF MY BACK WITH SHOOTING, STABBING PAINS DOWN MY ARM AND NUMBNESS AND BURNING. ALL OF THIS ONLY ON ONE SIDE...BEING MY LEFT SIDE. I HAVE SEE 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS. ALL INCLUDE NEUROLOGIST, PAIN SPECIALIST AND HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH CERVICAL REDICULOTHOPY AND COMPLEX REGIONAL PAIN SYNDROME. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PROCEDURES DONE BY MY PAIN DOCTOR AND STILL NOT ANY BETTER. I SEEM TO HAVE GOTTEN WORSE. I TALKED TO MY PAIN DOCTOR ABOUT CUTTING MY NERVE IN MY NECK AND HE SAID THAT WAS UNLOGICAL AND THAT THAT WAS SOMETHING THAT IS NEVER DONE. I READ ABOUT THAT ALL THE TIME. THE ONLY MEDICATION THAT HAS RELIVED MY PAIN IS MORIPHINE PATCHES BUT I AM ALLERGIC. THEY MAKE ME SWELL UP REALLY BAD. METHODONE HAS DONE THE SAME THING EXCEPT IT DIDNT REALLY HELP. I GUESS MY ANSWER IS WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS FROM HERE? IVE BEEN ON VICODIN, LOROTAB, PERCOCET, DARVACET, AND TONS OF ANTIDEPRESSENTS. THANK YOU
Category: Health
Expert:  John Henderson replied 11 years ago.

My wife and I live in constant pain for much the same reasons. 
Different accidents in our 50+ years have produced level 8-10 pain (on
a scale of 1-10).  Accept the premise that you will probably never
be pain free.  To us, any day we can get out of bed is a good
day.  While I have never heard of an allergy to morhpine, I'm sure
there is. You may be reacting to something in the medicine,i.e., a
binder or additive or something else or a combination of different meds
taken together.  Ask your pharmacist for possible side affects or
drug-interactions.  We use a topical ointment called Tiger Balm
with some relief.  There are many natural supplements, but their
effectiveness is discovered by trial and error.  You leave too
many questions un answered, but if you have insurance, contact your
insurance company directly for help.  Much of our relief is simply
a matter of faith, prayer and common sense.

Expert:  AnnlynnRN replied 11 years ago.

DearCustomer

I am sorry to hear about your ordeal.  You mentioned you have seen
neurologists and have gone to Pain Specialists.  Have the Pain
Clinics tried ANY other approaches to address and treat your pain in
any other way besides typical pharmacoligic methods by giving you a
bunch of pain medications?

Pain clinics offer many other treatments for your specific pain issues.  One diagnostic they use is known as nerve mapping.  Nerve mapping helps
the doctor to identify the very nerves that are causing your
pain.  Once discovered, the doctor then can then focus his/her aim
at relieving your pain by targeting and treating any potential
pressure, inflammation, nerve damage, or other problems that could be causing your
pain.  REMEMBER, this does not necessarily
include surgey.  Infact, many of these diagnostic tests,
procedures and treatments are non-invasive.  Pain clinics can do a
number of other diagnostics and treatment procedures as well,  including nerve blocks.  They can also do
tests to help identify if there is possible degeneration or tears
in the discs, etc.  These tests  allows the physician to
target and treat the affected nerves through several different
interventions. Some of which DO include surgery because sometimes surgery IS necesary.   These procedues have a good sucess rate.

Also, in order to put you at an
optimum comfort level, they do offer pain medication during the interim
between the procedures of diagnosing and treating your pain issues.

VERY IMPORTANT:

It IS VERY possible to allergic to morphine.  In fact, MANY people have an allergy to morphine.  Be very cautious of taking morphine, especially orally or IV
as it could cause an anaphylactic reaction that could lead to
death.  Also be sure to alert any medical persons who are involved
in your healthcare that you ARE allergic to morphine.  (Including your pharmacist.)

You noted the many pain medications you have been on without
success.  You may want to suggest to your physician trying
Dilaudid, which is a semi-synthetic opiate.  It is a very strong
pain medication, but has been found to be effective in patients with
high levels of pain.  Keep in mind that most of these pain
mediations do have a high potential for addiction.

Also on this website, we have several specialists who a offer a natural
/ holistic approach to many chronic and acute health issues.  As a
registered nurse, I have always had somewhat of a "problem" trying to
be open-minded of these holistic approaches to healing.  I humbley
admit that I was wrong about some of these natual and holistic
remedies.  I have first-handedly seen them work when Western
medicine has failed.  Some of which are Acupunture, Reike,
relaxation techniques, herbal and natural remedies, not to mention many
others.

I know that this holistic approach is difficult for some people to
digest, but with all due respect, what do you have to lose by
trying?  I would like to go on record that I do, however have full
faith and belief in Western medicine, as I am a medical professional
who uses Western medicine everyday in my work and have seen that it
does work
.  I am simply trying to give you other alternatives to use in tandum with the medical treatment offered by your doctor.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne, is that I advise you to go back to the Pain Clinic and
discuss these other options that may be available in your particular
case.

If I find some information regarding the techniques I mentioned above
(Reike, Accupuncture, etc..)  I will send that info to you via a
private message.

Best wishes,                AnnlynnRN

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to AnnlynnRN's Post: Annlynn,
Thank you for helping me. I let me go in-depth with what i have been through. I have been seeing my pain specialist for a while. They have done several procedures. They have put me to sleep to try to block all 5 nerves in my neck (this has been done more than once), then they have injected medication in my neck while i was awake...twice also, on 3 different occassions they have put me in the room with an IV and put local anesthetic into my IV every 2 minutes for a whole hour at a time...this procedure relieved my pain for 30 minutes after the hour was done then came back full force. They have told me that they cannot pin point which nerve(s) it is. they say its both motor and synthetic nerves. I know for sure by feeling in my brachial plexis while rubbing tropical ointments that the nerve there is a big factor in my problem because when i touch it, it sends pain down my arm to my fingers. ive tried to explain this to them and they just wont listen. i think they have labled me as a 'mental' patient. i dont want to take anymore pain medicines. i have a 3 year old and cannot function doing so. i refuse to believe that medicine is all they have to offer especially after all that they have tried procedure and medicine wise. Why cant they just try to cut the nerve? my pain specialist said that is not logical and that it cannot be done. however, i have an uncle who lives in california and he was also in a vehicle accident and they went in and cut the nerves in his neck and he said he feels 50% better. Do you know what i would give to feel 15% better? ive also been to an orthopedic doctor because my shoulder pops in and out and they said there is nothing they can do about that.
Thanks for your help.
ps. ive tried accupuncter, massage therapy, phsyical therapy, meditation and no relief.
trust me i have tried everything. we have done mri's, CT scans w/o contrast, ultrasounds, vascular studies.
   DearCustomer
Wow, you really have been through alot.  Thank you for giving me the details of your entire treatment history.  I am going to do some research for you, but first I have a couple more questions for you:

(1) What reason did the doctors give you when they said they are unable to pin point the affected nerves?  Have they done nerve mapping?

(2) What cervical nerve did your uncle have cut?  There are several nerves in the cervical area.  Do you know the name of the nerve he had cut?   Please try to find out and let me know. Are you sure they didn't just block or deaden the nerve in his neck?  That is serious business when you are dealing with cervical nerves...it could cause paralysis if done wrong.

(3) What reason did the orthopedic surgeon give when he/she claimed nothing could be done about your shoulder popping in and out?  A dislocated shoulder CAN be fixed.  Although nerve cells typically do not regenerate like most of the other cells in our bodies are able to do, procedures can be done to relieve pressure from the nerves.  Perfect example would be to fix your shoulder to alleviate the pain in the brachial nerve!

(4) Have you ever received a second opinion from another pain clinic OR another orthopedic surgeon OR another neurologist?  I hate to suggest you go on a wild goose chase trying to find a doctor who will listen, but at this point, a second, or even third opinion wouldn't be a bad idea.

Your doctors are not giving you the respect that YOU DESERVE (labeling you as a mental patient.)  I will do my best to try to find some answers for you.  I do understand what you are going through because my husband is in the same situation.  He's gone through all the procedures and treatments offered at the pain clinics and after over a year of trying different treatments and procedures (some very painful) the outcome was "Here are some prescription drugs for Vicodin, goodbye."  He is 46 years old and suffered a severe accident when he was 26 causing a crushed femur, hip replacement and middle to lower back injuries with increasing degeneration and arthritis as the years go by.  He is now completely disabled.  My point is that time is very important.  The longer you are kept waiting for a solution, the higher the chances you have of having increased problems later in life such as arthritis on top of your initial pain problems.  You've already had two years of this hell.  It's time to get some resolution.

In the meantime, please continue to take you pain meds.  I understand that you don't like to have to take them, but you have to have SOME relief.  Talk to you soon.  Chin up.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to AnnlynnRN's Post: Annlynn,
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. The answers to your questions are as follows:

1. I have had a EMG and EKG done. I was told that this shows whether or not I have pinched nerves or other nerve problems. They say that everthing is normal. I'm not sure what you mean by "nerve mapping". Is there another way besides EMG and EKG?

2. I do not know what nerves where cut of my uncles. i just emailed my aunt to find out but no reply yet. I know for sure it wasnt a block or deadening the nerves cause they tried that for him on many occasions and it didnt work.

3. To be honest with you, my orthopedic said that my shoulder was popping in and out but that it was normal...even though my other shoulder doesnt pop in and out. He then stated that there was nothing he could do about it cause its not that bad. My other shoulder does NOT pop in and out nor does it hurt like my hurt one and it doesnt make the cruncing and popping sound like my hurt one either.

4. This is actually my 2nd opinion. I am about to get a 3rd if my insurance lets me. I have Tricare insurance which i am sure you are aware is a Military insurance. I am seeing Military doctors by the way. I have seen 3 neurologist as well. the neurologist i see now is great! he just cannot help me with my pain. he is treating me for migrianes when i get them but that is it.

I really dont think that i am getting any respect from the pain doctors. I really think they think oh well, she is 25 years old and is crazy. at my last appointment i was told by the doc. that i needed to go to a pshycologist because they had no other way to treat me. he also stated that he sometimes tries to be a pshycologist but he isnt and that he is "just an anesthesiologist that knows how to perscribe pills and give injections". that is HIS words....really! He asked me whether i was going to live my life selfless, helpless and greiving over my pain the rest of my life or if im going to get over it and live a normal life. i told him i live the most normal life i can possibly live. i cant drive in a car for too long cause of the pain, i cant hardly pick up a soda can either. i live a decent normal life (whatever that is) i do all that i can do. i just feel like they are treating me like im dumb. then when i suggest a procedure of a different medication they get mad also. i am a medical coder so i know some things about medicine and anatomy and stuff that way. i also (as you can see) try finding info out on the internet cause i really dont think they are using all the options that are out there to help me. Today i called and requested that i have an osteogram with dye done on my rotor cuff cause that is where most of my pain comes from and they NEVER CALLED ME BACK.
with your personal opinion what should i do with this situation. i feel like im being neglected by these doctors on base and i dont feel they have or want to try more tests on me cause of course once again i need to see a pshycologist. i have wanted to write the General about the situation but im scared cause i work in that hospital. and i cant write the director of the pain clinic cause he is the one who told me all of this stuff. is there something wrong with this picture or do i seem to be expecting too much????
Thank you VERY much for your help!!! i GREATLY appreciate it.
MEDS. ive been on:
vicodin, lortab, percocet, darvocet, methedone, fyntenal patches, soma, flexeril, neurontin, diamox, every anti-inflammatory you can name and still all these problems and no relief.
THANKS AGAIN.

DearCustomer

Thanks for the info. I will do my best to research some answers for you. You asked about nerve mapping. You mentioned you have already had an EMG (Electromyogram.) Did you also have a NCS (Nerve Conduction Study) done as well? They are often done together as a comprehensive study.

A NCS is only one part of this nerve and muscle diagnostic test. Like an EMG, a NCS is done to evaluate for muscle or nerve damage. Just like the EMG, a NCS uses a computer, a stimulator and high tech filters to monitor the functioning of the nerves and muscles. Then electrodes are placed on your skin over the muscles that are being tested. Then a stimulator is used to deliver a small electrical current to your skin near the nerves being tested causing those nerves to fire. The computer picks up those electrical signals produced by your nerves and muscles. A specialist doctor can interpret that data and hopefully find the problem.

In your initial post, you mentioned you had a diagnosis of Cervical Radiculopathy. There are many causes for this...did they mention to you what is the cause of your radiculopathy? One common cause is from a herniated disc. These discs can degenerate and herniate and press on nearby nerves which causes the radiating pain and nerve damage. An EMG and NCS can evaluate the severity of the nerve damage due to the discs.

So it sounds like they've done alot of diagnostics on you and discovered the problems, but what about treatment? They have told you what is wrong, but aren't doing anything about it. If a herniated disc is the cause, surgical intervention can correct the problem.

And as far as your shoulder. It is not normal for it to pop out. Don't accept that as an answer. It is most likely what is causing the brachial nerve pain in your arm that you mentioned.

I understand you feel disrespected by these doctors, especially by telling you to go see a psychologist. Let me suggest that you go to see the psychologist. PLEASE don't think I agree that you NEED to see one, but a psychologist can teach you meditaion and relaxation techniques which can help your pain. Take advantage of the opportunity. Think about it. And don't feel bad about taking your meds. You have them, you need them, so use them. Talk to you soon.~~~~~~Ann

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Well, they have not done an ncs that i am aware of. only the EMG and EKG. however, at the first neurologist he did have a machine that he used, it had a wand type of devise (like a detector) and he told me it would 'beep' when it detected nerve problems. as soon as he touched my brachial plexis area the machine went crazy and started beeping and beeping. that doc then told me that i had a lot of nerve problems. now, the only problem with this doctor is that he never wrote anything in my chart...NEVER. the three times i went to his office he had to ask me over and over again what was wrong with me cause he didnt document anything. then one day he said that he couldnt do anything for me and neither could a neurosurgeon. he sent me home (for good) with tramadol. tramadol made me really sick. so, that was the last i seen of him.
all of the MRI's, CT's, Vascular, EMG, EKG tests came back negative. i know there are other procedures out there. do you have any recommendations? i appreciate it. oh, i will be seeing if i can get a ncs done asap.
THANK YOU
Expert:  Karel1 replied 11 years ago.
 I suffer from almost the same thing due to an experimental drug I took for my narcolepsy.I had a small vessel rupture in the meniges part of my brain.I now have been diagnosed with occipital neuralgia,which I have such severe burning in head its barberic.For neuropathic pain like this,topomax,depacote,neurontin,the seizure meds are used to reduce the pain.I now am trying gabitril .Also I take liquid morphine.However Im also allergic to it but if I take it with 2 bennadryl and reglan I do not have the itching and nausea.As far as cutting the nerve ,I think you mean decompressing it.This is just a 50/0 chance of success and the backlash to it is if it does not work,you could be left with this pain for the rest of your life.Your chances of it going away like this is much higher.They say it usually comes and goes  up to 5 years,then disappears.For me I walk around with my head packed in ice all day which relieves it.I also now started some physical therapy,on my neck.I feel for you.In 2002 I had it for a year straight in constant pain.Then it just left me.I was good for 8 months.Now its been back since feb.This also usually can be considered sort of a migraine state that your brain is stuck in.Have you tried a headach center.Or if you are content with your neurologist,ask him about trying different seizure meds as well as a good anti=inflammatory,indocin is one of them.Also they say antidepressants at low doses as ellavil is also being tried for neuropathic pain.Im on morphine,gabatril,and anaprox.Once the burning  gets under control,Im gradually weaned off of them.Good luck and hope tomorrow is pain free for us all.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Karel1's Post: Thank you for your help.
I have also been on topomax, gabitil, and several different seizure medications. ive also taken effexor, wellbutrin and xl, zoloft, paxil, cymbalta,motrin 800, neproxin sodium just to name a few. i am now on lexapro and adderall. adderall cause im in so much pain i cant hardly concentrate at work or period. i havent mentioned most medications previously cause ive been on so much stuff its hard to remember at one time.
i also suffer from migrianes which im on diamox for. what happens is i get pain in my scalpula because i get swelling there and knots and it moves up to my skull and i get stabbing pains to my left eye then experience nausea, vomitting, oura sences, black dots. ive tried meds for this too. ive been on imitrex and elavil. the kicker of that is when i go to the ER (at the same hospital i go to my neurologist at) 95% of the time they refuse treatment for me that helps. i have delt with migraines since i was 16 actually, they have just gotten worse. i know that demerol and phynigrin help fast and period. but the docs always try imitrex and whatever contraption and tell me they are not giving me any demerol. i finally had to have my neurologist type and sign me a letter so that when i go to the er for a migriane (which isnt very much at all) i am to be given up to a certain amount of demerol per visit if i need that much, how often to give it to me and that if they have any questions call him at home, page him or call him at work. NOW THATS BAD!!!
about my neurologist, he is good. i am pleased with him. i actually went there to make an appointment today to see if he will order some procedures for me to have done such as a NCS like i was previously told about from annlynn. well when i got there they said that they couldnt get me in until june 13th and that this would be my last appointment with him because he is being sent to England. (he is military) Man, i wanted to bang my head against the wall. he seems to be my string of hope. ive got to get him to order as many procedures as he can before he leaves.
ive asked my doctors about still taking the morphine patches and taking a dieretic or a medication to counter-act and they said no way. cause i just swell up from my hips down and cannot urinate. trust me if i could use that patch i would. it was a miracle patch!! i felt like a new woman. no foggy head, not drowsy, and maybe a 3 on the scale of pain instead of a 10+!!!
i have to take 2 sleep aides as well at night cause i cant sleep well.
i just notice everything is getting worse. day by day. my elbow area my forearm and wrist are unbelievably painful too. hmm...sounds like nerves to me, but then again im not a doc.
my faith in God is very good, i know he will bless me with an answer.
this website is so awesome!!! im glad i found it. annlynn and yourself are such GREAT help. i would appreciate it if yall continued to help. im sure ill get all my answers from my questions from both of you.
THANKS AGAIN!! HAVE A GREAT DAY. I WILL CHECK BACK IN LATER. GOD BLESS YOU.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to AnnlynnRN's Post: Good Afternoon Annlynn! I was on the go all day trying to figure out some things about your information and opinions. so busy that i hardly got any work done. oops. it hurts to work anyways. anyhow, i replied to a new posting if you wouldnt mind reading that also. it has a lot more information about my history.
also, i was wondering. i have had MRI's, CT's done with dye. those came back normal also. i however was wondering if i should ask for a (sorry, not sure which one it is) osteogram or ortheogram with dye done on my ROTAR CUFF? i hear that is a good way to look into your rotor cuff and see if there are tears and stuff. you see, in my accident the door was actually smashed into my left arm and my arm shifted WAY, WAY up then i was sitting like that for 58 minutes till they were able to cut me out with the jaws of life. i had a 4-5 inch laceration just below my elbow. my parents had taken pictures of my car at the time for insurance purposes and incase i would need it in the future and i had them send the pictures to me so i could take them to my pain doctor so he could get a 'better idea of what happened'. well, when i showed them to him he freaked out saying "what do you carry these around with you for are you crazy". i explained to him i wanted to show him so he had a better idea of what happend and he threw them on his desk WITHOUT looking at them.
as for now, i will take your advise and see the psycologist. i can use as many resources as i can get. i dont feel at all offended by your opinion about that situation. the only reason i was bothered by it coming from the pain doc is because the way he talked to me and made me feel 10 inches tall. i know you mean it sincerely. the clinic is actually supposed to be calling me today with the date/time. i knew id be sent there one day anyways. who knows, it may help me a bit.
one more question (sorry) do you know anything about "natural" ways of helping with pain? ive thought about the relaxing music, relaxing baths, and incents with the hot stones. if you know anything about this please let me know.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND UNDERSTANDING I "GREATLY, GREATLY APPRECIATE IT".
YOU HAVE BEEN GREAT SO FAR. A GREAT WEALTH OF INFORMATION.
Expert:  Cheryle replied 11 years ago.

Hello..I am also very sorry to hear of your condition. I often wonder why we must endure such pain. My question to you is to ask if you have considered taking a non- medicinal approach to your pain. Being that your list of medications is so extensive, and the fact you are still in agony, seems unsettleing to me.

There are many different holistic & natural remedies that one can try to ease pain-disease-etc. I tell you from expierience as I was in a similar situation as desperate for help.

If you feel you might be interested in specifics, feel free to contact me again and I will share with you my personal knowledge of beneficial options.

In any case, I wish you the best and will pray for you to find comfort.

God bless!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Cheryle's Post: wow, its funny you ask because i was just asking annlynn if she knew any "natural" remedies. i was thinking about, relaxing music, bath tub, insents, hot stones etc.
any specifics would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.
Expert:  Cheryle replied 11 years ago.

Hi again, and thank you for writing back. I'm happy you have considered this. It seems that you are already a bit familiar with the available options and the ones mentioned are very good as well. I want to include for you a link that I personally have used to ease pain etc. I think you will find some interesting information here, and hopefully something to get you on the road to being pain free. I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX keep us updated on your outcome.

God Bless! Please see the following URL: http://www.healthynewage.com/

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Cheryle's Post: Thank you. I will check it out.
Expert:  Cheryle replied 11 years ago.

Your very welcome, and if you need anything further, please feel free to write again. I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Cheryle,
Would you mind suggesting someting for me? I looked at the webstie but im inerersted in the type of stuff i was talking about earlier. you know about the incents, relaxing music, and heated stones. im really interest in getting some stuff really, really soon! Im willing to try anything.
any ideas of stores, malls ect. if so, do you know any names of the stores>
Thank you,
Michelle
Expert:  Cheryle replied 11 years ago.

Hi again..I don't mind at all. I am not sure where you live, but if you want to give me the state and city, I will researchlocal areas that could beeter assist your wants for you. In the meantime I would like you to visit another page that I have personally ordered from. The variety of products are great, and the products are truely beneficial. Here you can explore the inscense healing, along with the musical, and much more. Check it out at : http://www.healthy.net/clinic/therapy/sound/.

I am here if you need more advice. If you send along that info, I will do my best to assist you more.

Take care!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I will check that out. I wont hurt to try.
Thanks!!
Expert:  Cheryle replied 11 years ago.
 You are very welcome.Take care & best of luck...
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

I'm sorry about your pain and suffering.

I see you mentioned acupuncture, but have you tried magnetic therapy? Magnetic therapy is a safe, non-invasive method of applying magnetic fields to the body for therapeutic purposes. It accelerates the natural healing process, provides natural pain relief, and improves sleep without any adverse side effects.

I would also suggest gemstone elixirs. As I have been healing with herbs, crystals/gemstones and other natural remedies for over 35 years, I believe that the properties of gemstones/crystals are most effective, as well as flower essences.

In addition, symbolically, your pain is on your left side (right brain - subconscious) - usually things felt on the left side has to do with healing. It is as though something held tightly on the left side is in need of being released - could also stem from any childhood issues, or a past life.

The cerebral cortex has two halves, called hemispheres. They are separate, but connected. The left side of your brain connects to the right side of your body, while the right brain connects to the left side. In most people, the left brain handles words and logic, and the right brain is better at art, music, and intuition.

From recent research on the two hemispheres of the brain, we've discovered that most of the functions of the conscious mind are located in the left hemisphere of the brain, the more rational, linear, logical functions. The functions of our subconscious mind are located in the right hemisphere, involving feelings, emotions, and more wholistic functions. The right side of the brain controls physical and mental attachments and creates our future.

As I am a natural healer, I, personally, find Western Medicine to be badly misused/abused by those that we "assume" are there to properly heal us - quite the contrary - but, this is my opinion. I do know that certain medications that you are taking can cause severe psychological repercussions. I also know, due to being a legal secretary/paralegal dealing with personal injury cases, that one's pain and suffering can be ongoing for years and years - as treatment provided can all be for naught - for not properly diagnosed.

While I also believe, as many others and holistic/homeopathic physicians will agree, illness, pain and suffering is present due to one's way of thinking - from not releasing negativity within - (can be caused from others projecting negativity) thus, if we learn to release the emotional pain and suffering within and balance, we can begin to heal physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

If you wish for a list of gemstones elixirs and flower essences, please let me know.

If you wish for futher information, please let me know. Also, if you find my response helpful, please accept. Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Cheryle's Post:

can you find any stores in san antonio texas?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post:

i wish for a list of gemstones elixirs and flower essences.

Thank you.

Greetings:

I will compile it for you and get back to you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

DearCustomer

I have been hoping that the above specialist (The Mystic Wave) would pick up on your post and reply to your recent inquiries about using natural, holistic remedies.  In my opinion, The Mystic Wave is the BEST specialist on this site to offer you BEST answers to your questions on alternative medicines, etc.  She won't let you down...trust me.

In the meantime, I am going to go through the extra history you provided earlier and continue to research some diagnostics and treatments for you.  Take care.  We are all here to help you one way or another.  Talk to you soon.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ AnnlynnRN

Dear MRENEELPOEZ, 

Are you sure you are not talking about an Arthrogram? An arthrogram is a diagnostic test of the joint structures by injection of x-ray contrast (dye). As the dye disperses, the doctor documents whether the dye is contained or is leaking, which indicates the stability and integrity of the joint and can also see tears in cartilage or other possible injuries.A thin needle is used to inject the x-ray contrast (dye) into the joint. The doctor will check the needle position on a special live X-ray called a floroscope that is connected to a television monitor to ensure proper placement of the needle for the dye injection. There may be some discomfort from the needle being injected. Actually, it can be quite uncomfortable. My husband had the procedure done in the discs in his back a few months ago and that was his testimony....sorry. After the dye is injected, a CT scan or other type of X-ray is done to reveal if any of that dye has leaked out. Any dye that leaks out indicates there are tears. It's not uncommon to experience some discomfort in your joint after the procedure, but the pain will gradually subside over the next day or two. You can treat it with over-the-counter pain medicines such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, or aspirin. Your joint should return to its usual mobility and level of pain by the second or third day following the arthrogram. Fortunately, your doctors are aware of the stronger pain medications that you are currently taking and it is likely that he/she will approve of continued use of those drugs for pain control after the procedure instead of the typical over-the-counter drugs that are typicially used after this procedure.  Actually, my husband was prescribed Vicodin after his procedure.

An Osteogram is a standard or digital x-ray used to measure BMD (bone mineral density). Osteograms are used to diagnose osteoporosis and predict fracture risks.  It does not use dyes.

Hope this helps clear up your last question...AnnlynnRN 

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to AnnlynnRN's Post:
Yes, this answers my question. I am glad you cleared that up. It is the arthogram with dye that I think I should probably have done.
Thanks a lot!!
Expert:  Cheryle replied 11 years ago.

Hello again...

I apologise for taking so long to get back to you, and greatly appreciate your understanding. I have found a list of a few places in your requested area; that work with alternative therapy & healing options. I am not sure if you are familiar with any of these places, but I wanted to name a few I have located as you have requested.

If you need a more generalized area..please let me know. I hope someone is able to assist your concerns here, and wish you the best in finding relief.

Asia Market
5712 Wurzbach Road, San Antonio, TX 78238

(210)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/FONT>

phonephone |
map | save

Categories: Alternative-healing

Acupuncture & Herbs
14855 Blanco Road, San Antonio, TX 78216

(210)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/FONT>

phonephone |
map | save
Categories: Acupuncture Physicians & Surgeons,  Alternative therapy

Botanica Alquimista
1900 Pleasanton Road, San Antonio, TX 78221

(210)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/FONT>

phonephone |
map | save
Categories: Alternative

Botanica Del Barrio
3018 Guadalupe Street, San Antonio, TX 78207

(210)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/FONT>

phonephone |
map | save
Categories: Herbs-Alternative treatments-supplies

Hope one of these may help...Have a great day.

God Bless!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Cheryle's Post: thank you!!!
Expert:  Cheryle replied 11 years ago.

Hello..

Again, you are very welcome. Let us know if you need anything else.

Have a great day!