Vickie
Vickie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  7 years exp. on surgical floor, plus many other areas, Emergency Medical tech, 19 yrs total medical.
50711

I need help

Customer Question

Hi. I'm 20 years old. This is my problem.
I get dizziness in my head atleast 1-2 times a day. I fell like my head is spinning inside. I sometimes forget what i did yesterday (not all the time). Sometimes i get a little pain in head. I can't sleep at night until midnight or at 1 am. When i go to sleep i think of what i did today. Sometimes it take long time for me to answer a very simple question. I used to be an straight A grade student in high school, but in college this semester i failed 2 of my classes and made C for other three classes.I get depressed so easily everyday. Can you tell me please is anything wrong with me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vickie replied 11 years ago.

Dear XXXXXelp,

In my opinion, you need a good check up from your doctor. You need to tell him everything that you have told me and maybe have some tests run. Have you been ill lately, or had any accidents involving your head? It sounds to me like there is definitely something going on, and I would make an appointment asap. Are you taking any new medications? Sometimes the wrong med or the wrong dosages can cause symptoms similar to these, and are taken care of by changing either the drug or the dosage.

Good Luck to you!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Vickie's Post: Hi, Vickie
Can you tell me from your experience what could be wrong with me (it's just your opinion)
Expert:  Coleen Hoffmeister replied 11 years ago.
This is not Vickie, but I have had these experiences myself. I hope you don't mind. When you accept, please accept to Vickie's post.

It sounds to me like you are having problems with stress and definitely lack of sleep. You need to get yourself on track and get a good night's sleep especially in college. That is not to say you do need to see a doctor.

Lack of sleep and stress can definitely cause what you are experiencing. While you are in college, please take plenty of vitamins, drink lot's of fluids and eat a very, very balanced diet. College is stressful!

Additionally, the dizziness and confusion I have experienced. This is not to say this is what is going on with you.

To test yourself, sit in a chair and tuck your head quickly between your legs. Or, if you are brave, stand up quickly and touch your toes or put your head down as far as you can. Don't do this where you can injure yourself.

If you become dizzy, you may have an inner ear infection, an ear infection or an equilibrium problem, such as I did, which included the tubes being blocked.

Please follow Vickie's advice and get checked out. But if you feel like this has helped, I am glad to do so.
Expert:  Vickie replied 11 years ago.

Dear XXXXXelp,

Coleen had some excellent advice, and I agree with her completely. Besides what Coleen has offered, it is so hard to say, as you did not answer any of my questions in the last post. I still believe that you need to be checked out by your doctor, because there is just such a wide variety of things that these symptoms could be linked to...and I am a big one about "Better safe than sorry". I have seen to many people in my career that came to a bad end by ignoring or down playing symptoms that were dangerous. Somewhere along the way, someone they respected down played what they had going on or maybe they were afraid of going to the doctor, and by the time they did it was to late. If what you have going on "is" neurological...then you don't want to mess with that on your own. If it is as simple as an ear infection or drug reaction, then consider yourself lucky this time and know that you did the right thing by having it checked out and taken care of.The symptoms you are describing are not a common everyday thing, and Like I said, this is my opinion for what it is worth, and its your choice in the decisions you make. I would try what Coleen has told you...and see your doc!

Good Luck to You!