Vickie
Vickie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  7 years exp. on surgical floor, plus many other areas, Emergency Medical tech, 19 yrs total medical.
50711

marijuana/drinking - over mastubating - urinating problem

Customer Question

I have smoked marijuana for about 3 years now,(now 21) have drank alcohol heavily, and have over-masturbated time to time and now I am experiencing a sensation of having to urinate frequently, an inability to empty the bladder,and a sensation of urine in the urethra after I urinate. I do drink plenty fluids including at least 4-6 glasses of water daily. I also experience eye floaters time during the day, because of the brightness of the sun. I have not noticed a problem getting aroused however recently when I am getting an erection I am experiencing a slight pain, because it feels as if urine is in the urethra. So I urinate and then ejaculate but doesn't feel natural. I have been over-ejaculating in the past, but now I stopped masturbatating, smoking marijuana, and drinking alcohol. Also, I have read an abundance of protein can make urinating a little more difficult and I do eat a lot of protein. I am 6'1'' and weigh about 133 lbs. and in great health besides this!
problem. I am not going to smoke marijuana anymore, but would like to drink again. How long before I can drink again and what is the average timeframe upon masturbating without harming anything. Could you provide me with the herbs/medications to help my situation?
Category: Health
Expert:  Vickie replied 11 years ago.

Dear thuglife,

In my opinion dear, you need to have a good check up by your doc. From what you are describing you may have a urinary tract infection. Normally it is harder for a man to get a bladder infection than it is for a woman, because their urethra is longer - making it harder for the bacteria to climb up the urethra and into the bladder - But the symptoms you describe are consistent with a uti. The only thing that I can think of is the fact that you are masturbating frequently may be how you are introducing the bacteria into the urethra.

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products, but it is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. An infection occurs when microorganisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, cling to the opening of the urethra and begin to multiply. Most UTIs arise from one specific type of bacteria, Escherichia coli, or E. coli, which normally lives in the colon.

In most cases, bacteria start growing in the urethra. An infection that is limited to the urethra is called urethritis. From the urethra bacteria often move to the bladder, causing a bladder infection, called cystitis. If the infection is not treated right away, bacteria then goes up the ureters and infects the kidneys, called pyelonephritis.

Microorganisms called chlamydia and mycoplasma can also cause UTI's in both men and women. However, these type infections tend to remain in the urethra and reproductive system. Unlike E. coli, chlamydia and mycoplasma can be sexually transmitted. Infections caused by chlamydia or mycoplasma require treatment of both sex partners.

The urinary system is structured in a way that helps prevent infection. The ureters and bladder normally prevent urine from backing up toward the kidneys. The flow of urine from the bladder helps wash bacteria out of the body. In men, the prostate gland produces secretions that slow bacterial growth. Immune defenses also prevent infection in both men and women. Despite your body's safeguards, infections can still occur.

Various medicines are available to relieve the pain of a UTI. A heating pad or a warm bath may also help. Most doctors suggest drinking plenty of water to helps cleanse the urinary tract of bacteria. It is best to avoid coffee, alcohol, and spicy foods if you have a UTI. One of the best things a smoker can do for the bladder is to quit smoking. Smoking is the major known cause of bladder cancer.

I hope this information has helped answer some of the questions you might have, if not I am listing a web page for you to go to that might be more helpful.

http://www.healthpages.org/AHP/LIBRARY/HLTHTOP/UTI/uti.htm

Good luck to you, and see your doctor soon if symptoms worsen.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Vickie's Post: Yes i stopped smoking for good and i already feel better! These symptoms only lasted for one day, i dont have the sensation of urine in my urethra after i urinate anymore, but it doesn't feel 100 percent yet but more like 95% better, however i think my body is recovering already, my only worry is that i damaged my kidneys during this experience, are there any symptoms of a damaged kidney due to a slight urinary tract infection? Ive only experienced these uncomfortable urinary symptoms for one day and the next day i already feel better and im sure itll feel better tomorrow. but ive quit smoking and going to quit masturbation for awhile & im going to watch my protein intake and going to lay off alcohol for a long period until i feel better. Ive taken fish oil and calcium/magenesium and had a few dosages of amino acids that consisted of l-arganine along with many other amino acids. im eating plenty of nuts and seeds and getting my fruits and vegetables in, should i worry anymore unless of course my original problem recurrs?
Expert:  Vickie replied 11 years ago.

Dear thuglife,

Well dear, if all the symptoms you have described, have pretty much disappeared "over night", then it isn't  likely that you had a uti, bladder infection, or kidney infection. Each one of these infections are bacterial and can be very serious, requiring antibiotics to clear them from your system. With some of these infections you can become very ill and must stay in the hospital for a short period of time. It would be a rare case where they disappeared on their own with no medication needed. Apparently what you were experiencing in some way must have been directly related to one or more of the "habits" you were indulging in. It sounds to me like you must be on the right track in "clearing yourself up" so, I guess all I can tell ya is to "keep doing what you are doing".

Good Luck to you...