xarqi
xarqi, Generalist
94965

autopsy was preformed with a tox

Customer Question

My husband recently died. An autopsy was preformed with a tox. screen. I need to know with is the lethal dose for cocaine. The Homicide Dective on my husbands case said my husband had a cocaine level of 0.3, and wouldn't tell me anything else because it is still under investigation. I just need to know for myelf and my daughter. The police aren't giving us any information. I'm dying inside. Please all I want to know is what the toxic-(normal overdose)level is. Thank you for any help you can give.
Category: Health
Expert:  nursehope replied 11 years ago.
 I am sorry for your loss and the fact that the answer you are looking for is not available.  The level of cocaine in the body does not directly correlate with toxicity or cause of death.  Other factors such as physiological problems, will have to be taken into account.  In other words even a small amount can cause death in one person and not another.   Nurse Hope
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to nursehope's Post: You have stated in your answer that "the answer you are looking for is not available"
Yet you still want to charge me?

Please do not put the charge through!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to nursehope's Post: Is there any kind of range you could give me for a normal man 20 years old, 135 lbs, and having no health problems. The det. assigned to my husbands case will only tell me that the usual overdose/toxic level is high. I guess I really want to know where .3 falls in, and could someone 20 yrs, 135lbs have died from it? Thank you for your help.

J. DeRita
Expert:  Delores Casso replied 11 years ago.
Dear J. Derita,
The "normal" dose for cocaine is "0." Your husband could have had an underlying condition that precipitated his overdose. Any number will fall in the toxic range. Cocaine is a very curious drug...some people can do it all their lives and live, some can do it once with dire consequences. It can throw the heart into strange rhythms and have terrible endings. Please accepts my heart-felt condolences on the loss of your husband. I lost my first husband and I know how you feel. Take care of yourself.
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
Fear not. You will not be charged until you use the "accept"
button for an answer.