Sue
Sue, Acupuncturist and Herbalist
Experience:  Licensed in two States
123736

I?ve had a blood pregnancy test and a urine and both have come

Customer Question

I have missed my period for 4 months now. I’ve had a blood pregnancy test and a urine and both have come out negative. What other reasons could i be missing my period. I am only 24...
Category: Health
Expert:  Sue replied 11 years ago.
Dear sweet,

Hi! Sorry, but I don't have enough information about you to answer yet. I think I can answer you question. Would you mind answering a few questions?

Prior to 4 mos. ago were you periods light? How far apart was your cycle? Was the cycle regular or irregular? Have you lost any weight over the past year? Have you moved or changed jobs? Has anyone close become very ill or died? When was the last time you were pregnant?

I hope to hear back from you.

Sincerely,

Sue
Sue, Acupuncturist and Herbalist
Experience: Licensed in two States
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Sue's Post: they were normal periods, every other month or so i'd have a really heavy period or a light one. My cycles were irregular then also. i'd do i month without and then get it the next month. no weight loss. i've moved, yes. my grandmother died in December. i had my last child on 2-11-02.
Expert:  Sue replied 11 years ago.
Dear Sweet,

It sounds like you have a history of irregular periods when you say that you would miss a month and then it would come back on it's own. That tells me that missing periods is "normal" for you, but not this long of a time. Am i correct?

Big changes, such as the move or an emotional upheaval, like your grndmother dying (sorry) can affect you deeply (on a visceral level).

Some women are more sensitive than others. Don't forget about the mind-body connection.

To get to the point, it is not something that I believe you should be worried about. Keep getting you regular check-up and get the help you need to help destress your life.

I can chat more about this, if you'd like. But, I may have already answered your question....?

Sincerely,

Sue