Elizabeth Freas
Elizabeth Freas, unrelated
Experience:  have been pregnant
34177

pregnant

Customer Question

can you become pregnant if a condom breaks the day after you notice the last of your cervical mucus?
Category: Health
Expert:  sarah replied 11 years ago.
 you can become pregnant anytime after you've first begun your period.  hope this helps.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I thank you for your help and for answering my question
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I am unsure as to why i havn't recieved a reply yet so I will add a little more information to my question. I was wondering if I could have become pregnant on the day after the last day of my cervical mucus (peak mucus) I had intercourse on the last day of mucus but after a while we used a condom so I am not sure if pre-cum could get you pregnant and then had intercourse the day after my last mucus but the condom broke. My cycle was from February 22, 2005 and the two days of intercourse were March 8, and March 9 I am due to get it again on March 21 or 22, 2005 Thank you for your time in helping me Please respond as soon as possible the waiting is "killing" me and I know that it is too early to test. I do have three children already and seemed to conceive them quite easily.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I have still not gotten any replies for my question ! I have become quite anxious and was hoping that my question would have been replied to by now it has been 2 days already! I have replied once by giving a more detailed question in the hopes that it would speed up the reply time. PLEASE i would really appreciate someones opionion or expertise on my matter.
thank you,
anxiously awaiting to hear from someone, Customer
Expert:  Shannon replied 11 years ago.

I know you are anxious and want an answer so my first response is to tell you to get a home pregnancy test.

They are extrememly accurate and can predict pregnancy several weeks before you're due for your next period. You are in a good time frame to take one. That way you have a good idea if you are pregnant or not.

Remember, pregnancy tests are 99% accurate if they turn out positive but can fail if they're negative.

If you had intercourse and the condom broke on March 8 and 9th there is a good chance you could be pregnant. It sounds like you don't want to be so I wish you the best of luck.

Remember, everyone's body is different and nobody can tell you for sure if you're pregnant, only a doctor. But in response to your question, yes, you can be pregnant.
Expert:  Elizabeth Freas replied 11 years ago.
Everything here is correct. But....
Most women ovulate two weeks after their cycle began. The next several days are the opportune times for pregnancy. Sperm can live for several days (female sperm hangs around longer, up to three days I'm told), and the trip to the uturus takes time, too. So, one week after your cycle began, it's possible they'd meet. But I'd say VERY unlikely. VERY. I'd relax. You're not even late yet. Try to forget about it.
Yes, you could be pregnant. Even home tests take some time--I think you have to be at least within a week or so. Hospitals and clinics can detect it earlier, but so early that a miscarriage would even go unnoticed (many in this circumstance never wondered or knew. it is not uncommon).
Not to *disagree* but I took a home test--two in fact-- and it was wrong. I was pregnant. But then, I had a feeling because everything about my body felt WRONG! everything. I'm sure not everyone can tell, but I could. You know your body. Relax. Take care of yourself and your sanity.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Elizabeth Freas's Post: thank you for your response, I am not sure if you misunderstand when I said the last day of cm I was exactly 15 days into my cycle when I i had intercourse i wasn't sure if day 15 and 16 was too late did i miss my ovulation?