Nick Sparks
Nick Sparks, Polymath Autodidact
Experience:  I answer questions where I have strong confidence that my answer is worth the value assessed.
93690

a pill

Customer Question

Yes my mom is look for a pill that whould give her more energe, she has breast cancer and is 67 years old the doctors can not believe she is alive. and she just wants to be able to do a few thing before its her time she is doing great she is one who has never let them touch her cancer. I hope you can think of something for her if i thought she should not really have it i would not ask for here. Here doctor said find some names and he will take it from there. She would really like to just be able to do a few things she loves to do around the house she still gets up and cooks and a few things more.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nick Sparks replied 11 years ago.
I won't debate the ethics of using controlled substances to
change quality of life for the terminally ill, but it sounds
like she is in search of a stimulant.

The only legal one you can buy anywhere are caffeine pills.

Stronger ones, like Adderall, are used to treat Attention
Deficit Disorder.

Medications like this tend to have stronger and often
unexpected effects on older patients, so there is above-
normal risk if she chooses to take them. They might mix
poorly with other medications she takes.

Most terminally ill people go through a stage in which they
wish they could "cut a deal" for a little more time, a little
more energy. Perhaps your best role is as a sympathetic
listener. This will help her move on to the next stage, which
is acceptance.

Sometimes we'd all like just a little bit more, but often what
we have received is all we get.
Nick Sparks, Polymath Autodidact
Experience: I answer questions where I have strong confidence that my answer is worth the value assessed.
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

Fatigue is the most common side effect of cancer treatment. But proper nutrition, vitamin and mineral supplements, medications, lifestyle changes, and emotional support can help give you the energy you need to enjoy your life.

Here are some tips to help you enjoy each day, even during treatment!

1. Plan Your Day

• Keep track of the times of day when you have the most and least energy.
  • Plan your activities, rest periods, and household tasks according to your energy level.
  • Don't push yourself. Get plenty of rest to balance your activities.
  • Ask family members to help you with chores and errands.
2. Talk to Your Doctor

• You may benefit from anemia drugs or other medications.
  • Antidepressants or anti-anxiety medications could also help, if your fatigue is partly caused by depression or anxiety.
3. Conserve Your Energy

• Place chairs at various points around your home, so you can sit for a quick rest during the day.
  • Do your housework sitting down. Use long-handled dust mops. Sit down while you iron.
  • Do as much personal care as you can while sitting down. Sit down while you bathe and dry off.
  • Stop any activity before you become overly tired.
4. Eat for Energy

• Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein to fuel your body.
  • Talk to your doctor about vitamins and nutritional supplements that might help.
  • Use healthful, easy-to-prepare foods whenever possible.
  • Shop for groceries when the supermarket is less busy.
  • Prepare meals sitting down.
  • Prepare double portions and freeze half.
5. Nurture Your Emotions

• Find a park or garden where you can restore mental energy.
  • Get regular exercise. Walk at a pace that doesn't make you overly tired.
  • Talk with a trusted friend, family member, or clergy about what you're going through.
  • Find a cancer support group. Talking with others facing similar problems can be very rewarding.
  • Read spiritually uplifting books.

source

You should also take a look at this article for more information.

Cancer fatigue

Let me know if I can help in some other way.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
My mom has had breast cancer for10 year it has all ready ate throw here whole breast and id id the arm pit she is a complet mirical at her age she still cooks daily takes care of her self pretty much my brother live there and does all the chores he is very good to her she just wand somthing to give her some energy to pick her up for a little while. It is a request i dont think is to much for her to ask for. And the doctor said if we could bring in some name that we fine he would consider it the cancer is was be yawn and medical help and that is what she chose to do and she has lived longer than any person i ever heare about who has or had cancer. My mom had made quilts for so many children here any on here she make them a quilt and she will feed any on hungery and i do believe that is why she is still alive and doing ok and she has been trying to feel better she just belives if the doctor could give her some kind of speed in a pill form it would not take as much energy to feel like doing a lillte more than she does we all know it would not be the best thing for her but it would not be the worst at this point in giving her some pleasure. She has giving so much in her life and even more since the cancer she has never gave up. We are just trying to give her a little back i told her i would look it up on the internet and she then coulld see the doctor again and go for there. Thank u for your time.   

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to tfalkner's Post: She is still only taking codine #4 UNREAL THE DOCTORS SAYS, SHE SAYS IT IS BECAUSE WHEN THE PAIN DOES GET UNBEARABLE THEN THE STRONGER WILL WORK. WE DO UNDERSTAND THIS SHE HEARD ON TV ABOUT A NEW ENERGY PILL BUT DID NOT GET THE NAME A FRIEND SAID THEY WATCHED IT TO IT WAS A TYPE OF MORPHINE AND SPEED BUT IN A PRESCRIPTION FORM. ANY ONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS IF SO PLEASE REPLEY BACK. SHE IS LIVING PROFF OF SOMEONE TAKING CANCER TO ITS LIMIT. TO SEE IT IS UNREAL.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
STILL LOOKING FOR A PILL NAME OF SOME KIND. PLEASE HELP WITH A NAME OR SOME ADVISES.
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

Two common treatments are MST tablets and Zomorph capsules.  Both are morphine derivatives and will help with pain.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Adderall, which I mentioned earlier, and Ritalin, are being
used to combat the fatigue experienced by cancer patients.

Googling combinations such as [ ritalin cancer fatigue ]
turns up pages with references to the practice, but I am
unable to locate a page dedicated to discussing the topic.

Perhaps she heard about a pill which combines one of these
stimulants with a pain medication. Regardless of whether
you locate such a pill, if it exists, her doctor should be
open to a discussion of whether a separate prescription for
Ritalin or Adderall might be appropriate.

There is not much difference between the two, except that
Adderall last significantly longer between doses.
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

Many blessings to your mother - my thoughts and prayers are with her, you and your family.

I would suggest Flower Essences - ....it's all natural.

"Energy Mist"

Misted around the body, this spray helps energize and balance self motivation. Aroma: Juniper, Myrrh, Cardamom and Cedar.

and

"Olive" Flower Essence

(Olive is for energy/strength)

use 3 to 4 drops under tongue or

add to a glass of purified drinking water

Flower essences are dilute extracts of various types of flowers and plants that are used to treat people and animals. They are similar to homeopathic remedies in that they are diluted and potentized to make them more effective than just using the original flower as a herbal extract.

Herbal medications work primarily on the physical body much like common drugs. Unlike herbal medications, flower essences do not work on the physical body and do not interfere or interact with any drugs, surgery or herbal medications. These Vibrational essences are composed of Vibrational energies, spring water and preserved in brandy. They contain no other chemicals or physical properties.

For many, flower essences are primarily used as a tool for inner growth, spiritual growth and evolution, a "turbo jet" for the journey to enlightenment. These essences are not to be considered as treatment or cures for any medical or psychological conditions. None of the information contained herein is to be considered claims for their ability to treat any medical or psychological condition. They are not intended to replace medical care by a licensed health care professional.

The person who first developed the original flower remedies was Dr. Edward Bach, a famous English physician. He developed the Bach Flower Remedies when he was working as a homeopathic practitioner and devoted the last years of his life to researching and developing his remedies, from 1930 onwards. He wanted to find a simpler form of treatment that would not require anything to be destroyed or altered.

Dr. Bach believed that diseases of the body come about as a result of imbalances or negativity at the level of the soul, and by correcting the problem here healing would result and the body would heal on all levels. The flower remedies act to balance inharmonies in the emotional and spiritual body, and bring about a gentle healing by bringing the body back in balance with itself. They act almost a catalysts to cause healing.

There were originally thirty eight Bach Flower Remedies that at that time Dr. Bach felt would correct all imbalances that were possible. 

See links below:

Flower Essence Energy: Private Formulas

Bach Flower Essences - Bach Flower Remedies: A Resource Guide

If you wish for further information, please let me know.

My very best to your mother, to you and your family.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thank you very much for all the help i did not really expect so much help this site is one of the best, XXXXX XXXXX alot of people who care and dont even know my family or my mother. I thank u all for your time and thoughts and ideas we will use all of them and see what helps and we will help other with your ideas. My mother thanks all of u, for your time and effort. She says God bless all of you and thanks you.     Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX Finley family

Greetings:

You're very welcome - I wish your mother the best - and you and your family, as well.

I do hope that your mother will consider the flower essences, especially the Essence Spray mist....with the consent of her doctor, of course - I believe it will truly help her. I have introduced flower essences to others for many years and worked in rehab centers offering the appropriate flower essences - and there is great improvement. 

I would also suggest color/gemstone therapy - you should introduce your mother to the color Green: It is said that Green is the best color for treating Cancer. Ordinarily, white light can be used for any ailment, because it contains all the colors. However, white light is nourishing and should not be used for Cancer because it feeds the Cancer. Green selects only the healthy cells to nourish.Green brings psychological and emotional harmony and balance; therefore it works calming on the heart and healing on the kidneys. It cures hormonal imbalances. Stimulates growth hormone and rejuvenation. Cleans and purifies from germs, bacteria and rotting material. Harmonizes the digestion, stomach, liver, gall. Increases immunity. Builds up muscles, bones and tissues. Stimulates inner peace. Strengthens the nervous system

Another color for treating Cancer is Pink -

Gemstones for treating Cancer - Jade or Rose Quartz Crystal....place the gemstone on the Cancerous area and visualize the disease being destroyed.....allowing healing to take place.

Another color is yellow and/or Citrine gemstone....As a living organism, the body wants all its aspects to be in proper alignment. When any aspect is out of alignment, the flow of life force that keeps the body alive and gives it spiritual sustenance diminishes. As the body ages, it grows more and more out of alignment. Yellow and/or Citrine can help the body - at any age - relax to the point where the life force can rush in, take hold, and move the physical body into a healthier state of alignment.
Citrine Necklace; Preparing for Greater Spirituality - Connecting with the Ocean of Awareness - Gemstones for Emotional and K...

Aqua - it rules over the thymus and helps to increase energy...it brings interest back into life, invites courage and allows ease to fit into our surroundings. Aqua, as well as Turquoise, are variations of a blend of blues and greens. This color is a help in working through grief. Aqua brings an emergence of the heart with our words in order to produce loving expressions and peace of mind.

Another color your mother should be around is "Red" -  Red governs the base of the spine, the spinal column, adrenals, kidneys, bladder, colon, legs and blood... Red energy is used in relation to the physical, self-preservation and survival mode. Red is LIFE FORCE!

How to heal with color and/or gemstones:

Gemstone Therapy:

Color Healing, Color Therapy - Color Ray Healing With Seven Special Gemstones

Comprehensive Index to Gemstone Therapy Site

Color Therapy Part 1

Color Therapy: Hang up (silk) pieces of cloth or paper sheets in the desired color in the room

Fill appropriate colored glasses or bottles with (spring) water, place it in front of a window for at least three hours and drink three glasses a day of this water.

Wear clothes in certain colors.

Eat food in certain colors. Need more energy: eat tomatoes and strawberries; want mental clarity: bananas and corn, etc.

Vsualize colored light in and around your body, breathe it in and direct it to the body-parts that need it.

Wear jewelry with gemstones in the colors needed.

Visit places in nature that match need of colors. For energy buy red flowers, for calmness go to water, for balance go to the woods,  etc.

Of course a combination of the above works best.

Flaxoil is known to help treat many illnesses, including Cancer- Mix 3 tablespoons of Flaxoil in cottage cheese - eat daily.

Your mother may also be interested in the following book:

Joy is a Plum Colored Acrobat - Book Reviews at StorkNet's Bookshelf

Please take care.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave