TheMysticWave
TheMysticWave, Herbal Healer, Color Therapist
Experience:  36 yrs. exp. in Alternative Medicine (Herbal & Wholistic Healing) Color Therapy, Flower Essences
6999

Spinal damage , nerve damage

Customer Question

I had a baby 09-18-2002, The epideral was improperly placed 2 times by a student and nurse All went to the left side of body blowing up my left leg that fell off the bed. I am 43 years old I had a bilateral tubal sterlization in 1996.I now have nerve root damage to L4 L5 and upper spine damage sadiactic nerve damage to left leg. I need an expert. I walked in and never walked out of U of M. I need help and I have a lump on my spine and chronic pain I cannot walk properly, run or have no quality of life.I have a large lump at the site and i need an expert.Also this baby was a product of rape by a U of M employee.
Please help Thank-you time running out.
Category: Health
Expert:  Jess Bellinger replied 11 years ago.
You really should contact a lawyer. This sounds like a major law suit- just my opinion.
Jess Bellinger, Personal/Home Care Aide
Experience: Certified Home Health Aide
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

I am a legal secretary/paralegal with 29 years experience in the State of California, with experience in medical malpractice.

I'm deeply sorry for your situation. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Please let me know if you have consulted with an attorney to date and, if so, what have they advised you?

Also, please let me know if you have obtained all of your medical records.

Thank you.

I look forward to your reply.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: I have a lawyer we have new laws in MIchigan, There is a mising link,I need an anesthiologist expert to find that link and nerve damage. They have covered up.I need an expert to sign an affadavit That this occurred durring birth or they will not hear my case.No oone touches University of Michigan Hospitals because if they do an anedthiologist will be black listed and ousted from all of U of M programs and outkasted in the lawyer social circle.I wasn't the only one affected that day a women was given to much potussium and they blew her uterus up and killed the little baby boy she was carrying.
god bless you in the light
Sally
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Jess Bellinger's Post: I need a good medical malpractice lawyer, that has an anesthtesologhist expert

Greetings:

Thank you for responding. I wasn't quite sure what the problem was being that you mentioned you have an attorney - I understand you need an anesthesiologist to review the records and sign a Certificate of Merit- however, what is your reason for changing attorneys now? Your present attorney can also contact the American Medical Association to get a top expert anesthesiologist - has he/she done so? 

Please let me know - so I can assist you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Experience: 36 yrs. exp. in Alternative Medicine (Herbal & Wholistic Healing) Color Therapy, Flower Essences

Greetings Sally:

I understand that major changes to the laws of medical malpractice became effective April 1, 1994 - it states as follows:

Medical Malpractice action may be brought within two years after the act or omission that forms the basis for the claim. Alternatively, it may be brought within six months after the claimant discovers or should have discovered the existence of the claim, so long as it is brought within six years after the act or omission. Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. §§ 600.5805(5) and(NNN) NNN-NNNN (West 2000). The six-year statute of repose is constitutional. Sills v. Oakland General Hospital, 220 Mich. App. 303, 559 N.W.2d 348 (1996), cert. denied, 456 Mich. 908, 572 N.W.2d 661 (1997). It does not apply if the health care provider's fraud prevents discovery or the injury involves the claimant's reproductive system. Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. § 600.5838a (West 2000).

What is your attorney advising you? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Michigan Medical Malpractice Summary
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: Thank-you
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
would you like to be my lawyer????
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
He has advised me to find a anesthiologist expert.
Expert:  jon replied 11 years ago.

If your lawyer doesn't already have rescources to gather information necessary to prepare a case...

what in the world are the chances he'll be able to tackle the universities high powered defense team?

When you consult a lawyer the first thing you need to ask is if they are willing to go to trial. Some might be surprised at the process used to negotiate settlements (how many settlements are reached every year without the client present at the negotiations... A- most). You have to prod some of these people to get them to do the maximum for you (then can get rich without effort). Some lawyer friends joke they don't work at all, cause they have good secretaries.

Nice to see you found msytic. She is excellent.

Greetings Sally:

Thank you so very much for considering me, it's greatly appreciated - but, I'm not a lawyer.

However, please know that I will help you locate an anesthesiologist who will review the records - and determine if this is malpractice. I'm concerned about what your present lawyer is telling you, especially in regards XXXXX XXXXX of limitations (as you indicate the time is running out) - and I would like to know if you are wishing to seek another attorney at this point?

Please provide additional information so that I can assist you.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: DEAR MYSTIC,
     THANK-YOU, MY LAWYER TOLD ME MY TIME WAS UP IT HAS BEEN TWO YEARS.YET I AM FOREVER DAMAGED. HIS NAME ISXXXXX ANN ARBOR, MI. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CALL ME PLEASE DO SO(NNN) NNN-NNNN THANK-YOU FOR THE INFO I WILL PASS IT ON TO HIM OR READ IT TO HIM ON THE PHONE. THERE ARE ALLL KINDS OF WITNESS'S DOCUMENTS MISPLACED EPIDERALS IN THE DOCUMNENTS A LUMP ON THE SPINE ASECOND OPINION FROM ST. JOES SENDING ME TO THE CLEVELAND CLINIC IN OHIO. U OF M SITTING BACK LAUGHING. I APPRECAITE ALL THE INFO AND YOUR HELP BECAUSE EVERYDAY IT GETS WORSE AND WORSE AND I WILL END BACK UP IN A WHEEL CHAIR IT IS HARD ENOUGH JUST TO SIT UP. THANK-YOU
GOD BLESS YOU
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS IN THE LIGHT
SALLY
ALSO I HAVE LOST ALL INSIGHT AND SPIRTUALITY JUST TRYING EVERYDAY TO PHYSIC MYSELF GFROM THE ENORMOUS PAIN OF JUST BEING AND I HATE PAIN MEDS!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: Yes I would greatly appreciate that.
Sal