nursehope
nursehope, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Advanced Practice RN w/ experience in Psychiatry ,Med-Surg, OB/GYN & Neurology.
6150

Im extreamly obese

Customer Question

I'm extreamly obese. I have tried everything out there. But nothing has worked. Now I was diagnosed with diabetes. My doctor has suggested that I have gastro bypass surgery. But I am on social security disabilty and live a very tight buget.Also I do not have insurance.

Does anyone know of a place or organization that helps people with this problem?

Thank you. Cintron.
Category: Health
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings Cintron:

I'm sorry for your condition.

Personally, I believe the best weight loss program is the food pyramid - thus, you may wish to contact XXXXX XXXXX (famous, dieting guru)  - (Personally, I have had the pleasure of meeting him) he is full of compassion and has helped thousands of people - thus, he may be able to help you. His information is below:

Phone 1-800-516-7106

Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST, Monday thru Friday

Write to XXXXX XXXXX, Customer Service

12 Commercial St.

Hicksville, NY 11801

His website address is as follows:

About Richard - Welcome

Perhaps this is something that you may wish to consider.

My very best to you.

Please take care.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

The best resource that I have found is www.obesityhelp.com.  It has insurance information, ways to find the money to pay for surgery and even a clothing exchange where you can swap clothing as you lose weight.  It has links to surgeons and detailed information about the various types of surgery that are available.

Take a look at it and see if it answers some of your questions.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Expert:  Nicki replied 11 years ago.

Depending on the rules where you live, in a lot of places, if your medical Doctor makes the "referral" for the surgery, it can be waived as a medical neccessity (meaning without it you could die), and thus; it can be "covered" under your current disability insurance program. You should talk with your Doctor to see if this holds true in your State.

I wish you the best...Take care.

Expert:  nursehope replied 11 years ago.
 Do you have medicare along with your disability.  You may be eligible for medicaid.  Talk to your local department of Social Services/family services.  Medicaid/ Medicare will generally cover this surgery.  Nurse Hope
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Nicki's Post: Yes my doctor has made the refferal. But I don't qualify for Medicaid untill the second anniverary
on disability. I have been on disability for only one year, as of last December.

Thank you. I appreciate your reply.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to nursehope's Post: I have to be on disability for 2 years before I can qualify for medicaid. I have only been on disability for one year.

Thank you. Your response is appreciated.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to tfalkner's Post: I had already seen that website. Believe me when I say that I appreciate the time and concern all of you have given to my problem.

I know that what I'm asking for is something that probably does not exist. But I thought I'd give it a shot.

I will Probably have to wait untill I qualify for medicaid.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to TheMysticWave's Post: although XXXXX XXXXX looks like a very nice man. I believe that he must charge for his services. Which would leave me no chance in getting his help.

But none the less I am goin to check out the information you gave me.

If it turns out that he will help. I will accept you answer and and thank God that you took the time to answer my question.

I ask that everyone pray for me. Maybe the lord will here one of us.

Thank you. Again.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer me.