Christian Corpuz
Christian Corpuz, nursing student
Experience:  Nursing Student
81535

If I commit suicide will I go to heaven

If this is a Christian based website, can you p
lease answer my question.

Iam not suicidal, it is just a question, cause I want to see if their is a biblical ansuer
If this is a TRUE Christian website, response will be "IT IS FOR GOD ALONE TO JUDGE."

We as human are not entitled to judge our neighbor nor to assume that someone goes to hell or to heaven.

God has an unfathomable mercy. I dont think God will condmend you base alone on the fact that you commit suicide.

By the way, please dont commit suicide. =)

Addition:

a friend of mine has given me this statement also:

for salvation to be lost, mortal sin must be present. For mortal sin to be present, certain conditions must be met. They are: serious matter, full knowledge, willed consent. Some suiciders, because of mental illness, may be incapable of knowledge and consent, and so a possibility exists that they may still be saved.
--- LumenVerum of #mirc Dalnet

The Cathecism of the Catholic Church has said:

Suicide

2280 Everyone is responsible for his life before God who has given it to him.
It is God who remains the sovereign Master of life.
We are obliged to accept life gratefully and preserve it for his honor and the salvation of our souls.
We are stewards, not owners, of the life God has entrusted to us.
It is not ours to dispose of.

2281 Suicide contradicts the natural inclination of the human being to preserve and perpetuate his life.
It is gravely contrary to the just love of self.
It likewise offends love of neighbor because it unjustly breaks the ties of solidarity with family, nation, and other human societies to which we continue to have obligations.
Suicide is contrary to love for the living God.

2282 If suicide is committed with the intention of setting an example, especially to the young, it also takes on the gravity of scandal.
Voluntary co-operation in suicide is contrary to the moral law.
Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.

2283 We should not despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. the Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives.

Use your discretion if you believe that Catholics are Christian.
Christian Corpuz, nursing student
Experience: Nursing Student
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Christian Corpuz's Post: I am not really suicidal, I have attempted it in the past but since they took me off my meds back in April, I have been doing well, considering circumstances, which one of them being, that before Thanksgiving, in November I was diagnosed with kidney cancer, and just before Christmas, I had surgery to remove the whole kidney, and now that, I have more free recovery time, from the surgery, I/ve just been feeling VERY depressed, and thinking alot and very confused, but I am currently in counseling with a therapist, and we are going to start dealing with my feelings about the cancer and the surgery.
   But I just wanted a biblical standpoint?
Thanks and you can Email me back if it is o.k.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Christian Corpuz's Post: I thought I just replied, but I will again, I am not suicidal, but I am just VERY depressed, confused, and have more time to think, because, I just had my kidney removed before Christmas, because of malignant cancer,
I am currently in therapy with a therapist, and we are going to start dealing with my feelings now about the cancer and surgery.
Thanks for your help, you can reply to this if it is o.k.
Dear Mental,

I know that you didn't leave a message for me, but I'll leave one for you.

You, my friend, luckily have been given a second chance at life--don't waste it!

Sometimes the best way to get ourselves out of a depression is to put others first by volunteering and helping people less fortunate than ourselves. By volunteering, we begin to see life in a new way, that the world may have it's troubles, but that you're not the only one who has them. By giving of ourselves, we start to feel better about ourselves and life, and we realize that we still have a lot of life left to contribute to the world.

I know that when you're depressed, it is hard to pull yourself out of that life-sucking funk, but it can be done if you try to focus more on the positives in your life. Do things you like to do, and don't feel obligated to fulfill other people's expectations of how you should live your life. The only person you need to answer to in this life is yourself and your own conscience.

I wish you all the best in the world, and I'll say a little prayer for you.

By the way, if it helps--I believe that we are all put on this Earth to learn certain life lessons in which to help our souls grow at a spiritual level. When a person commits suicide, he/she has chosen to cut those lessons short and will have to repeat them in the next life. The problem is that for all you know, the next life might be far worse than this one. Sometimes it's better to go with what you know than to risk the unknown.

Good luck to you and take care!

Mic Sayre
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Mic Sayre's Post: I don't know how I got you on, I emailed the other person last night, I do not wish to continue. How do I get back in touch with the person I talked to last night, they had me get on yahoo instant messaging, and we were talking back and forth and he said he would be right back and never came back. What do I do, is this a scam?
Dear Mental,

Whenever you post on the site, anyone can post a reply to your post--that's how you "got me on."

As for getting back in touch with the person you talked to last night, try sending him/her a private message on this site. You can do this by clicking on their name (above) and their profile will pop up. At the bottom of the page will be an icon you can click onto to send a private message (PM).

As for why your person didn't return to your conversation--I have no idea. Maybe something happened and he/she couldn't get back like they originally intended. Try the private messaging.

Mic Sayre
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Mic Sayre's Post: Thank you I will try that, I will be back in touch.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Christian Corpuz's Post:

I would just like to thank everyone for all the help and support I am just really depressed and confused, I am having all sorts of emotions including denial, about my recent surgery, and cancer diagnosis, Lately, I have trouble with my appetite, that is shot, and I cant go to sleep at night I am just VERY DEPRESSED.

But it does help to reach out and try to encourage and help others that might need it also. I just hope that I can be of as much encouragement to others, as you all were tooo me.

If anyone has any advice, or suggestions, I could really use some. Thanks and God bless to everyone.