Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

why does my penis smell after having intercourse

Customer Question

i cannot get the smell from my wife's vagina off my penis. it has been a month now. i am circumsized. could it be from the fertilith drugs she has been taking? i do not have any symptoms of anytype except for this odor. i smell it when i expose my penis or i rub it and then smell my fingers. what can i do?
Category: Health
Expert:  nursehope replied 12 years ago.
 There is an infection by the name of balantis. It is very common and is nothing more than a bacterial or yeast infection and more so a local infection. Sometimes we use body washes rather than an anti bacterial soap. Using a body wash is okay, however for your "important" parts you need to have some sort of anti bacterial soap, like dial. Now if you already have this problem of the odor, soap alone will not clear this up. You will need to get ahold of your doctor and get a tube of "Bactroban" cream. If you do not have insurance or a perscription plan make sure you tell you doctor, because a tube of this stuff runs about 30 dollars. But it will remove the ordor in about 2 days. Men have also tried triple antibiotic cream as well.  ALWAYS wash your lower area with some sort of anti bacterial soap. Also, when you go to the bathroom, make sure you "shake" enough. I know this sounds dumb, but what happends is if you hurry yourself, you will end up leaking into your pants or underware, bacteria loves to grow in warm places and it will thrive in there.  This is not a urinary track issue, its nothing but a little infection that can be taken care of with ease. (I'm a nurse and see this all the time) It's VERY common so don't be too embarrassed speaking to your doctor. Also men can get yeast infections, that is very true, especially those who are taking heavy amounts of antibiotics for long periods of time. Anti yeast creams sold for women may work applied twice daily.  ALSO: Balantis can have some small side effects, if left go for a long period of time. It can decrease erection frequency, lower sperm count, and sometimes even lower your sex drive. SO GET IT TAKEN CARE OF! :) I hope this helps!
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 12 years ago.
A general practitioner can help you with this. Your family doctor can prescribe the needed medication.