Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a garmin vivofit 3 and I can't get it to unclock from

Customer Question

I have a garmin vivofit 3 and I can't get it to unclock from my wrist. I've only had it a week and I guess the unclock mechanism is stiff, but it's just impossible. I've tried using my teeth before to make it move. You turn it clockwise for both lock and unlock, right?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I think I would have to get it off to read the model number on the back. I've had it a week.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand your question. Nothing popped up. It's just always been hard to move the little circle on the wrist band to lock or unclock. I have to use my teeth to get it to move. I can't get it to unlock at all this morning.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know of any troubleshooting for unclocking the band.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, it fell off my wrist yesterday, although it was locked. Luckily, I saw it on the ground and didn't lose it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

To unlock it you turn it counterclockwise when the word Garmin is the right side up and you are looking at it.

Does it then unlock