Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I BOUGHT A GARMIN UNIT NEARBbANGOR ME LAST SEPTEMBER from a

Customer Question

I BOUGHT A GARMIN UNIT NEARBbANGOR ME LAST SEPTEMBER from a Best Buy. It has worked fine until today. I had plugged in an address I wanted to go to after another stop I needed to make. When I came back out and tried to turn the unit on after plugging it into an accessory outlet, it would not start again. The light was a yellow on the charger end but I still could not get it to turn on. Any ideas. I even tried it in another outlet and still nothing.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The unit was purchased in Bangor Maine in September of 2016. I will go get it out of vehicle and get exact model.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had turned it off with the button as I was going in for a doctor appointment and knew I would be in there for a couple of hours. When I tried to turn it on while sitting in an Arby's parking lot, I could not get it to turn on. I have had several Garmin units so it is not like I just got a unit and I had it all over the country, from Maine to Mitchell, SD to Neligh, Nebraska to Illinois and Missouri and to Seattle Washington area and no problems until I went to turn it back on today.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I did try a different cord on it that fit my previous Garmin and not luck either. I am lookimg for model number but can't find it on the case.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it for now. It is the model that hase the knuckle joint built into a piece that slips into the back of the unit.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you