Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

You add the Mexico map to a Garmin nuvi 57 Lm, 2 days old

Customer Question

you add the Mexico map to a Garmin nuvi 57 Lm
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 days old from Amazon
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing is wrong but I am going to Mexico
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The express website
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 18 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Approximately how much time before you plan to travel into Mexico?

Please use the REPLY box below.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 18 days ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response back here on this page, but want to send the following information before I take a short break.

You can get Mexico maps at the following link - in one of two forms - which are either by "download" or "Pre-programmed" onto an SD card.

If you have more than a week or two before you travel, I would recommend getting the SD card - as it is VERY EASY to installed (it is a matter of plugging it in and verifying that the maps are enabled).

Click Here --> https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/11427/pn/010-10755-00

Another note: IF using the "downloaded" maps, MAKE SURE your device is "registered", and that the email address used during the purchase of the Mexico maps is the same as when you registered the device.

Once purchased, the maps should appear in the Garmin Express program for download.

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about your device or the maps.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 12 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)