Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

G. Weathers I registered, but did not know that I was in a

Customer Question

My name is***** I registered, but did not know that I was in a country besides the USA. This is the third a another et I've been at this. I'm told that my maps are 34 months out of date. When I logged in, and requested a current map of the USA, I was told to enter another email address, because the one I was using was associated with another country. I have only one email address, so I cannot do as requested.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: I've been trying to locate the make and model of my GPS. All I know is that it is tomtom GPS which I purchased from amazon.com. I will continue trying to locate the information requested.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I only remember being told to provide the make and model number of my GPS. I am admittedly slow. but I'll continue trying to find the information requested.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: To be absolutely honest with you, I don't have a clue.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to update my current map of the USA. tHANK YOU.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a puzzling problem.

Please tell me

A. are you trying to update your maps, and entering your email address, on your TomTom device?

or are you entering your email address on your computer? if on the computer, into what program window are you entering that information as requested, please?

B. How new is the TomTom device in question, measured from its date of original purchase, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am entering the information on my laptop. I know nothing about texting. I am strictly old school.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not consent to any additional amount.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not consent to pay any additional amount.

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

I can understand that, Mr. Weathers. Please just tell me the name at the top of the window, on the laptop's screen, in which you are entering that information. (If necessary, open or go to that window again, please.)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I believe I have already paid enough.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The name Russell H appears at the top of the window.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you waiting for a response from me?

Impossible.

I have nothing to do with registering your TomTom or getting its maps updated.

The window that is about getting the TomTom maps updated... what is at the top of its window, when you are asked for an email address, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
As I have already stated, I am interested in having the map of the USA in my GPS updated, and nothing else. Thank you.

Understood. Toward that end, I have to ask,

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you telling me that your business with me is t an end, and I should contact tomtom again?

No.

Are you sure you're reading my page, and my posts?

I apologize for making such poor progress with this case. I have gotten no information about the case that could help me form an answer, therefore I must regard myself as worthy only to Opt Out, with apologies. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
If I log out without receiving the service I requested, that I will need to go back to tomtom, and receive nothing for the fees I have paid?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have said repeatedly that I was interested in having the map of the USA in my GPS device updated. Russell H responded that he had nothing to do with registering my GPS or updating maps. In one of his email messages to me, he stated that my satisfaction was guaranteed or my money would be refunded, so I suppose that means what I have paid will be refunded and will need to go back to tomtom, since I have not received what I requested.