Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a garmin 310. I want to download data to my windows

Customer Question

I have a garmin 310. I want to download data to my windows 10 desktop computer. I have an account with garmin connect: "*****@******.***" How can I establish a connection.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a garmin 310 XT. It is about 3 years old. I updated the software in the past using a windows 7 based pc
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand. I just typed a message "It is a garmin 310 XT. It is about 3 years old. I updated the software in the past using a windows 7 based pc"
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I attempted to load new Garmin Drivers. No luck. I have a 64 bit version of windows 10 installed.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to connect directly to the PC using a USB connection. The Garmin Training center software did not recognize it and the garmin connect website did not recognize it.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, or communication issues, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page.

And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device, or to download data off it, etc.

If the problem is basically with the computer recognizing the Garmin device as present at all, that's different. It may be addressed by

- trying different USB ports on the computer

- trying a different USB cable

- trying (if the jack on the Garmin device might have dirt or dust in it) scrubbing the jack out for at least 20 seconds, with an old (but, dry, and clean!) toothbrush, then trying the connection again.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.