Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

What is cheapest Garmin GPS I can buy which will give me the

Customer Question

What is cheapest Garmin GPS I can buy which will give me the area of a paddock? In other words circumnavigate a paddock press button and tells me size ( acres or hectares } of the paddock?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Don't have one as yet .. Looking to buy but range of products is daunting
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Trying to find the cheapest gps which will calculate area of a paddock
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No trouble yet ,haven't bought it
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

I just did a comparison of the 3 least expensive HANDHELD Garmin devices, and it looks like ALL of them have the ability to calculate the area of the paddock (or any other area walked around). I have a screen capture (attached) of this comparison, along with the list of features for each device and the current "list price" of these devices. It appears the eTrex 10 is the least expensive, but you MAY want to look at the other features listed - in case one of those features might come in handy in the future.

I also have a link to a video that shows how the Area Calculation works on these units. NOTE: The video shows a different model, but the process is the same on most Garmin units.

Click here for video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MXnAmMfRvc

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.

You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-