Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Can you tell me how to obtain map updaytes? Nuvi 1450 - 3

Customer Question

Can you tell me how to obtain map updaytes?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Nuvi 1450 - 3 years
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I plugged in the unit to my computer thinking it would kick ion automatically - had to do web search to find you
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Remove and replace unit connection to computer - rebooted etc
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

First things first, you need a data usb cable for your garmin, a data cable wont be bent or curved where it plugs into the garmin, if its curved or an L shape its p robably a power cable / non data.

If you have a data usb cable, then this is where we start.

First, download and then install Garmin express on your Pc or Mac. You can download it from this page

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Once downloaded, open and install the program, and once you have the program on screen.

Connect the garmin itself to your computer via the USB cord and then turn it on. Garmin express should see it, and offer you to update the device. Be prepared, the updates can sometimes take a few hours, and its not a good idea to interrupt the update once its started.

But that will get you updated, if you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dustin,
All done but one problem has arisen.
I agreed to debiting my credit card for $5 for advice - 1 minute later my card was debited for an additional $43. This is not acceptable on my behalf after agreeing to $5 for your assistance. I would not have agreed to $48 for your assistance.
Please advise your organisation that I expect a refund of the $43 forthwith.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

I do realize that first page is a bit confusing if you dont read it slowly, what it says is that 5$ is the initial authorization and the rest is charged when someone starts working with you.

At the same time, I can respect where you are coming from.

Here is our customer service contact info.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

They will be able to help you straighten out any billing issues, which I have no control over.

Glad to hear that all went well with the update, and if you need anything else, let me know.

Dustin S