Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Garmin purchased in 2009. Can it be updated and

Customer Question

I have a Garmin purchased in 2009. Can it be updated and have vocalization added?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am not sure that will be possible. But if possible, you can try this:

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

Try it, let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
connect? how? (I am an OLD lady and this is all new to me.) Thanks for your help.

OK, and that was a good question - thanks for asking about it.

You take a USB cable, of a type that has one end rectangular, and the other end, a type and size that matches the USB port on your Garmin device.

Connect one end of the USB cable to the Garmin device; connect the other end to the computer, and wait for a quarter minute to a half-minute.

If your Garmin device has no USB port, or you do not have the right cable for it, let me know, and I will advise as to what to do and how to proceed.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and answered your question.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface on your question's JustAnswer page.

- A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.