Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I purchased a garmin golf watch last summer. There is not

Customer Question

I purchased a garmin golf watch last summer. There is not screen. It has been sitting plugged in for about a month. Nothing on the screen. Is the charger bad or is the watch dead?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I bought it at the beginning of the summer last summer. The series number is *****
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing I am aware of. It was just on the dresser and I noticed the clock was off. I have pushed every button and there is no response
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Different plug, push all the buttons, resent the charger on the phone. No response
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 days ago.

Hi there, My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I'll do my best to help. When you say you pushed all the buttons, did you press and hold both buttons together for at least 20 seconds? If you didn't, please try that. If you did, and it did not work, do you by any change have another charging cable and/or dock? The charger is the most likely component to cause issues. If you have access to another charger ([perhaps a friends) try that. If no luck, try cleaning the contacts on the watch and the charging clip using a qtip dipped in alcohol.

Please give one or more of these suggestions a try and let me know the results. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry. Absolutely no help
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 days ago.

I'll opt out and open the question to other experts. Have a great day!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No more contact of any kind Are you really going to charge $$ for no help at all. Stop contacting me now
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? I only ask because the "series number" sent originally does not seem to identify this device.

2) What "charger" (or chargers) have been tried?

3) What is the AGE of the device and WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)?

Please use the REPLY box below.

NOTE: If you no longer want any help,

You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks

(im)