Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just downloaded the Ab Initio Watch Face app from Garmin

Customer Question

I just downloaded the Ab Initio Watch Face app from Garmin Connect and it states that the Colours and notification display type can be modified through the watch face settings menu in Garmin Connect. Where exactly is that found? I don't see it in Garmin Connect on my phone.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a brand new Fenix 3 HR. Just got it on Tuesday
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not quite sure what you mean?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No real trouble shooting. I have the watch face installed on the Fenix but I wanted to change the colors and the information on Garmin connect and photos show that the colors can be changed through a watch face settings menu in Garmin Connect. I'm not finding that option.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it right now. Thanks
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Lets start here,

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-474BE132-C103-4D3B-B849-8570DF12838E.html

That should help you change and edit the theme / colors on the HR.

Then, as far as the garmin connect app, are you accessing that app on an iphone, or on an android phone?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you have access to my issue or do I need to resend all of that?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have the owners manual and know all that. The app was downloaded through my iiPhone.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

The ab initio app you mentioned, thats a third party app yes? Such as this

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin-face-it/id1129409728?mt=8

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it is
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Can you show me the link to the specific third party app you installed, from the itunes store.

Such as the link I showed you above.. Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It was downloaded from Garmin Connect not iTunes and states that the color can be changed through Garmin Connect. https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/86592430-5df6-48e6-bbd9-de7cf0ef349f#0