Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I purchased the 760 rv not realizing it was not the 760 ltm.

Customer Question

I purchased the 760 rv not realizing it was not the 760 ltm. Is it possible to upgrade?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: just a second
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's the RV 760 and it's about a year old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm trying to get it to workwith the ecoRoute HD but it needs to be the 760 ltm apparently
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don I dont think so
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

The Rv 760 and Rv760 LMt are the same device.. Same software, same features. The only difference is one gets free lifetime map updates, and the other does not.

What you may need to do is connect your 760 to your computer and then update it, using this page

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6269

After you have connected the 760, and then downloaded and installed garmin express.. And then allowed garmin express to update the 760 unit.

You should then see the eco route option available in the apps.. However, you have to have the ecoroute HD mechanic unit in order to use it. Or you have to have the garmin mechanic app installed on your iphone or android phone.. And you have to pair the 760 to the device or app.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.