Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I have a Garmin which hasn't been used for a while. It is a

Customer Question

I have a Garmin which hasn't been used for a while. It is a Garmin Nuvi. I have it plugged into the computer and the light is on. I want to check to see if it still works. How do I proceed.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: nuvi 265w age - not sure 4 years
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was in storage. I plugged it into my computer. The screen is alive with GARMIN and a photo underneath of a computer plugged into a box.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have looked at the file folder that popped up and found no useful files.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
tHANK YOU.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

you're welcome!

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did not know this is a fee for service. I was trying to reach a free Garmin service. I wish to cancel all this and get a refund.How do i end this transaction adn get a refund.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

oh ok, no problem then