Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Garmin 800 which I use on my bike. It is not

Customer Question

I have a Garmin 800 which I use on my bike. It is not registering the cadence as I ride but says that it has connected. A cadence reading is showing on my strava results !
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 4 years old. Edge800 Intl
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It had ben dropped, sent to garmin Aust and fixed and worked for a very short time.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reset, and checked all setings and had a few friends have a look at it. This morning whilst riding it was showing a cadence figure for about two minutes.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thanks no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

When you reset the Edge 800.. Whats the exact method you used?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hold the 3 buttons
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Lets try specifically, a master reset

To perform the master reset:

1. Power device off
  2. Press and hold Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
  3. Power device on while still holding both buttons
  4. Continue holding buttons when the Garmin "splash" screen appears
  5. Release buttons when Garmin "splash" screen disappears

The Edge 800 is now reset. Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.

Once complete, connect the edge to your computer and download and install the update released on november 14th 2016

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5237

Once you h ave downloaded the newest version of garmin express and allowed it to update the edge 800.. Test it out again on your next ride. Let me know if its working correct ( in regards ***** ***** cadence sensor ) or not.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you know if it works.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

Not a problem. Just make sure you dont delete the emails from justanswer or forget your justanswer.com login information, so you can get back to me!

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.